Total loss of description text in all ebay listings / vi.vipr.ebaydesc.com inaccessible

Been trying to figure this out all day in a separate post, am posting this with a more appropriate subject line to see if it gets more response... I am getting every part of ebay and listings are complete except for the description which is totally blank in Firefox and in Internet Explorer I get a message saying it can't connect to "vi.vipr.ebaydesc.com" which is presumably where the description IFrame is served from.... Clearly the server is fine, but even a ping request reports "host unreachable" from my location, so looking like a network issue. I'm on BT DSL in Berkshire no other network issues are apparent at present. Wondered if anyone else is having similar issues? or any advice?
Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

Total loss of description text in all ebay listings / vi.vipr.ebaydesc.com inaccessible

Eek - we need some internet experts on this board. Hopefully someone will be along with the answer.

It might just be a matter of waiting for somebody at eBay to sort the glitch out.

Alternatively (and I'm way out of my depth here), might it be worth trying something like Google DNS or Comodo DNS or some such in case your ISP is having DNS problems?

Post back if you find the answer, as it's bound to be of assistance to somebody. Good luck!

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Thanks for that and good idea on the potential DNS issue, tried Google DNS but sadly made no difference. Just about stumped and dealing with BT to try and get any issue resolved is like banging your head against a brick wall. I guess I'll just have to wait it out, but will keep checking the forums to see if anyone else is reporting similar issues...
Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

items.gif

Petal
Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

I am having the same issue?

Still looking into it.

I hope eBay can fix this if it's their fault.

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent