Saving to folder?

I dunno whether anyone's bothering to look here any more? This'll be a silly question to some folks but here goes anyway.

I've got a folder on this laptop called "Pictures". If I click it, it says "This folder is empty". Yes, quite right, there's nowt in it but....... how do I actually put something (like a pic?) in it?

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 1 of 28
See Most Recent
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Saving to folder?

Did you look in your browser options and change it?

Message 21 of 28
See Most Recent

Those pics have all come from imgur. If I right click a pic, then "save as" I get the option to give it a name (the imgur reference is there, I replace it with a name) but I don't get the options you showed. (Going to do tea now, I'll BB later).

Live long and prosper.

Message 22 of 28
See Most Recent

Hi CD, the image I posted was the options through my web browser Firefox.

Not sure what browser you use but you need to go into options...on mine it's the 3 horizontal lines in top right hand corner

Untitled.pngI find mine in the general tab in options. You need to change the save downloads option to 'ask' rather than the default 'Downloads'

I also have Imgur and when I right click and save image I get this

cd.PNG

And I can browse PC to where I save Images.

I hope I explained that well enough 😀

Message 23 of 28
See Most Recent

Hiya again, I'll probably try your patience but..... I don't see that.

Browser is Edge and I'm using Windows 10.

Live long and prosper.

Message 24 of 28
See Most Recent

Hi again CD, Edge is similar to Firefox. You click the Ellipsis in right hand corner of browser and go to Settings, scroll down to Downloads and toggle the switch to on as shown

edge.PNG

When this is activated whenever you download from internet you'll get a pop up with option to 'save' or 'save as' choose 'save as' and you can browse where to save pic on your PC

Message 25 of 28
See Most Recent

I tried that. I opened my pic, clicked "save as", the box opened as before, I gave the pic a name, then did what I did before but it came up with no items etc etc. So I unchecked the "on", went back and did it all again and it saved the pic.

Live long and prosper.

Message 26 of 28
See Most Recent

Well that's a mystery to me haha. At least you can save in a roundabout way 😄

Message 27 of 28
See Most Recent

Yeah, I also dunno how I ended up where there was a long list of saved things and lots of them had a strikethrough and underneath the word "removed". They're still there.

Live long and prosper.

Message 28 of 28
See Most Recent