Photos transfer advice needed

Good morning,

My trusty camera I normally use to take photos for posting seems to have given up working.

I decided to try using android phone instead.  I am finding this very difficult and would prefer to use laptop for listing. I need to be able to see photos in File Explorer.

The problem is I seem to need to transfer photos from the Cubot Max 2 phone to a folder on windows laptop.

I use this 392164726466 cable for charging.  

I would be grateful for  some advice about which cable I need and how to actually transfer the files, as I have been trying to research I find I need a special Data cable.

All help appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

You didn't say what operating system you were using, Windows but which version?

Anyway, this is straight off the net:-

To transfer pics from your CUBOT Max to a computer, you can easily use the USB cable. Really, the cable you use to charge your mobile phone will allow you to transfer your pics. To do this, nothing is easier. First, connect your CUBOT Max to your computer by plugging in the USB cable. You must after that activate the Multimedia Device or USB storage option in the notification bar of your CUBOT Max. When finished, your computer will recognize the mobile phone and you will then have the ability to access the mobile phone files by going to My Computer. You should observe your mobile phone appearing as a removable drive. All you be required to do is open it and find the file named DCIM. It is in this directory that the photos of your CUBOT Max are kept. You can then copy the photos you desire to your computer.

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

I have an Acer laptop running Windows 10. For quite a while now I have had  problems with the settings. I like using  Google  for mail as well as browsing. and have done so for many years without any problems,  but now I have found so many changes within windows 10 I cannot seem to get my head around it all.

Gone are the days when pc's were less complicated.

I will try listing using the mobile, in the meantime I will research if there is a free os for simple brains like mine without  getting loads of annoying spam emails advertising all sorts. I worry about doing anything technical in case I lose everything on the laptop.

Thank you for the advice, I o appreciate it.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent