Privacy matters - eBay Profile, followers, interest

Beware of your privacy settings.

It seems eBay exposes individual data by allowing public to view member's followers and interest.

Have yours check now!

ebayprof.png

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

Ooh, it looks kinda Google Plussy 😮

Thanks for the warning, Skye 🙂

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

Everyone should check their profile but they won't know they need to, because I went to check on my selling ID one and found they had auto filled a collection and things I was "following" - I was doing no such thing - these were items I had looked at some time before but never saved. 

I had been looking at the competition!!!

So anyone looking at my profile would know what I had been looking at.

It's really very instrusive.

I've cancelled down all my saved searches and sellers and all my watch lists too, except for when I need to use them in the short term and once I've found what I want, the rest are cancelled.

It's really intrusive and quite deceptive IMHO as they do not warn people they're doing this.

I'm also truly sick and tired of seeing that effin banner telling you to take the tour which cannot be got rid of when you create another list to watch, and all the other ******* that is shoved in your face.

********************************************************************************
My body is an old warehouse full of declining storage, my mind is a dusty old reference library, strictly for members and archaeologists only
Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

I'm all right, Jack - I haven't got a Profile.  Well, I can't find one anyway 😕

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

Click on your actual name in the top left hand corner of the page and then on your ID in the drop down menu - or when you sign into eBay, click on your ID in your My eBay page.

********************************************************************************
My body is an old warehouse full of declining storage, my mind is a dusty old reference library, strictly for members and archaeologists only
Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

Thank you, Aernethril - tucked away, isn't it? 😞

All mine seem to be set at Private.  I hope they are!

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

OMG !  I've only just spotted this myself - all my searched items, which I thought were private! (SO ANGRY AT EBAY ... and embarrassed) have now been changed from public to private.

I've complained to eBay, not that it'll make any difference.  It seems like eBay is doing a 'Facebook' and anything you save/search for is likely to go full public at anytime without notice.

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent