Page goes blank?

If I go to the Daily Mirror web site, the page opens then goes blank. That's on this Win 10 computer. All other web sites open OK. If I use my Win 7 computer the DM page opens OK.

Using Win 10 with the Edge browser, I've tried the simple things, clear cache & cookies but I'm now at a loss. Any ideas?

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

Page goes blank?

Well, I just don't know where to go from here. I've tried re-starting Edge and also resetting Edge but it's still the same. I'm wondering if one of the updates caused the problem but...... what?

Live long and prosper.

Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

Page goes blank?

I just tried Internet Explorer and the Mirror page opened OK.

So, where's OE when you need him? laughing

Live long and prosper.

Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

Page goes blank?

Could be that your Java is out of date or missing.

Try downloading and installing from here: https://www.java.com/en/download/

Do the download from within Edge!

Let us know how you get on.

Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

Page goes blank?

After a few days, it resolved itself!!!

Live long and prosper.

Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

Page goes blank?

Coincidentally it happened to me today!  I had followed a link in search results and only saw the DM page headings, nothing else.

The other day Java told me it was ready to update but when I OK'd it it said "you haven't used Java for a very long time, shall we uninstall it" so I said Yes.  Maybe that's why I got the DM phenomenon today?

I shan't worry my little head about it until the next time.

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

Page goes blank?

Why did you uninstall it? Just checked the DM page and it opened properly.

What I find with Win 10 is that often the updates undo some of my settings and I have to redo them.

For instance, I'm using a laptop but with a wireless mouse so I've disabled the touchpad. After one lot of updates I found the touchpad was enabled again so I had to disable it again and then I found they'd altered a lot of the ways to do things so I had to fathom it out again.

Live long and prosper.

Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

Page goes blank?

@cee-dee wrote:

Why did you uninstall it? Just checked the DM page and it opened properly.

What I find with Win 10 is that often the updates undo some of my settings and I have to redo them.

For instance, I'm using a laptop but with a wireless mouse so I've disabled the touchpad. After one lot of updates I found the touchpad was enabled again so I had to disable it again and then I found they'd altered a lot of the ways to do things so I had to fathom it out again.

I uninstalled Java (or so I thought) because the update process suggested it, as it said I hadn't used it for a very long time.

Windows 10 updates - yes, my settings get changed too, it's infuriating.

My touchpad is disabled but, thank goodness, it has stayed that way.  I am a danger to myself with anything "touch", I've also had to disable the screen on this posh-but-oh-so-badly-designed XPS 15.

Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent