Is Ebay physically on its last legs?

Problems with drop down menus, unable to find sold items, problems with javascript, missing pictures, different browsers suggested, etc...

Luckily I've not had huge problems, they've just been small niggles. So far...

Change isn't always for the better.
Message 1 of 13
See Most Recent
12 REPLIES 12

Is your subject line a serious question prompted by some software issues? 

Message 2 of 13
See Most Recent

Yes, I've had problems the same as everyone else, and whatever solutions have been offered to myself and others it doesn't seem to work across the board.

It seems to come and go, especially with the drop down menus.

Change isn't always for the better.
Message 3 of 13
See Most Recent

Maybe they can't cope with their own success? Sorts don't work (i.e. ending soonest or lowest price etc) I can still add items to my watch list but haven't been able to delete anything all week. My watch list is almost maxed out now... to name just a few issues.

Message 4 of 13
See Most Recent

No.

eBay does not physically have legs.

Metaphorically, maybe.

If someone was trying to explain something to you, and said 'You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink', they are almost certainly trying to illustrate a point, rather than personally critiquing your equine persuasion skills.
Message 5 of 13
See Most Recent

Had the same problems for a couple of weeks now but they do seem to be becoming worse. Unable to ask  sellers for total (combined postage multi-purchase), refusal to print invoises or upload pictures. Might as well shut up shop & go away with the kids for half term..

Message 6 of 13
See Most Recent

Yes. Traffic is way down and the site just plain doesnt work. Try revising from the listing page. Ebay always forces the bulk listing page which removes all photos and formatting. Its way to much work listing on Ebay for far to high a fee.

Rising fees have been all about Ebay trying to cloud the fact of falling traffic. Shareholders need to see $. But even the massive fee hikes cannot be making up for the traffic issues. Plus its a self killing measure as all honest sellers have to call it quits. Only the professional shoplifters that get stock for free can afford to take off double digit percentages.

Google tried to play with Ebay. Ebay blocked google payments AND all others but Paypal, so the mighty Google blocked Ebay. That hurt. BIG TIME. Ebay listing used to come up in google searches all the time and it drove tons of traffic. When Google blocked them it was immediate. Not sinking but SUNKEN ship.

Ebay keeps making poor decisions. Its like they want to die. Rude, selfish policies, support phone lines in the Philippines, ever increasing fees, almost zero traffic. Ebay is now a haven for scammer to pake phony chargeback claims and cheap Chinese nock off producers to sell their wares. All a result of Ebays many bad decisions.

PIctures done work, drop downs dont work ... maybe Ebay laid off everyone since its dead anyway.

Message 7 of 13
See Most Recent

From a buyer's point of view, eBay has become overloaded with tat - it is swamped with tatty items which are impossible to exclude from searches, and the listing pages are crippled by tatty extras which eBay thinks will attract us, but they're distracting and make pages slow to populate.

EBay is so frustrating these days tears

Message 8 of 13
See Most Recent

AdBlock Plus Pro on Google Chrome seems to deal with most of the TAT that eBay wish to throw at us.

So far still a fairly stress free experience, just need someone to make a purchase on my item.

Been on for 9 days and only 12 views with no other interest.

And it is the only one available on eBay in the UK at the moment!

What else am I supposed to do?

Message 9 of 13
See Most Recent

Ebay was wonderful early on but now............ They've driven people away by alienating both buyers and sellers and not jumping on dodgy users.

Selling high value items resulted in sales of £35k a week but now some weeks it's down to three items sold.

Years back when ebay first got hold of PP I said to the (then) Community Manager that they'd probably make PP a must and his reply was "Oh we'd never do that". Hmmmmmm.

The type of thing that alienates people is:- a chap had loads of items listed but also has "other outlets" and sold ten items there so removed those ten items from ebay. What happened? He was suspended for a week! Nice eh?

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 10 of 13
See Most Recent

Just a heads up that Adblock (using on firefox)  has recently been updated and caused slowdowns it was like trying to swim through treacle. I've moved over to uBlock original and so far its light and doing its job.

ADP has gone from the firefox addons list from being the most popular to off the page in just over a week, so not just me that has had problems.  The annoying thing is I went all round the houses, deleting the last downloaded, and going round the houses until I found this to be the culprit sob

Message 11 of 13
See Most Recent

Yes, its a new board? thinking

Message 13 of 13
See Most Recent