Firefox update 55.0.2

I've just updated to this version and the first thing it's done is to completely grey out the back/forward buttons!!!!!!!!  They are there if I hover over where they should be, but there is nothing to show they are there.

I've found that others have had this problem a couple of months ago and it appears it might be something to do with some Beta version and something called Photon, but that's as far as I can go because it's way over my head.

Plus, someone seems to have resolve their problem in June by going back to version 54.

If anyone can explain how to get back to the previous version without doing a system restore, that would be a bonus!

Why can't they flippin well make sure everything works before sending a pop-up that suggests the update is urgent and very necessary when it then appears that it is not - but it is a flawed update?!?!?!?!

********************************************************************************
My body is an old warehouse full of declining storage, my mind is a dusty old reference library, strictly for members and archaeologists only
Message 1 of 2
See Most Recent
1 REPLY 1

Firefox update 55.0.2

My big annoyance is the fact that when I hover over a link, the URL no longer shows in the task bar at the bottom. I honestly only realised how much I used this when it disappeared.

A bit of searching suggests that it is something to do with the Status-4-Evar add-on, which I'm reluctant to bin. I'll give it a few weeks and see whether between them Mozilla and/or the add-on developer come up with something.

A rare visit to a Windows partition revealed that all my add-ons are "legacy" (the Linux version doesn't seem to show this) - and will no longer work from Version 57 (I think) - can't remember the details about why; some fundamental coding change in Firefox. I suppose I should look more closely, but in the meantime will try to remember not to update from 55 until I know my favourite add-ons have become compatible.

The add-ons are the main reason I use Firefox, for goodness sake. That, and the fact that I don't trust Chrome - for all its undoubted merits.

Sorry, Aerne - no ideas about the arrows. Mine still seem to work - although all that side of things is dependent on Status-4-Evar and Classic Theme Restorer.

When things aren't broken - why do developers insist on fixing them until they are?

Message 2 of 2
See Most Recent