purchase history

hi we are wondering if we can go with purchase history more than 7 years please,we want to see how much we spend on all years, if someone can help with this that would be wonderful,thank you

Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

purchase history

Not possible through Ebay and i think you may also be out of time via Paypal if you paid that way.

Your feedback as a buyer may show you some details.

Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

purchase history

Until very recently the ebay purchase history only went back about two years.

Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

purchase history

Crumbs best not to know!!

Thank goodness it stops at 7 years, and that's a very recent change.

2 years was bad enough to see how much my piggy bank was suffering !

Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

purchase history

Although you won't be able to pull up any of your purchases made on eBay more than two years ago, what you could do going forwards would be to print out a copy of each order as and when you pay for the item and file them away in a lever arch file, with a section in each file for every month of the year.  Keep each lever arch file running from 1st January - 31st December and you will have a hard copy of every purchase that you made on eBay from this point onwards.  That way you could look back on your purchases and work out how much you've spent on eBay purchases each year.

Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

purchase history

@m25jet  eBay's purchase history now goes back 7 years.

Although printing off purchase details is not a bad idea, if I did that I'd have a room full of files.

A screenshot would be just as easy and not result in the equivalent of a forest worth of paper being used.

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

purchase history

@douglaspuglas wrote:

@m25jet  eBay's purchase history now goes back 7 years.

Although printing off purchase details is not a bad idea, if I did that I'd have a room full of files.

A screenshot would be just as easy and not result in the equivalent of a forest worth of paper being used.

Well, I stand corrected.  When did eBay instigate that change to the Purchase History?  The last time I looked at my previously bought items they only went back about two years!  It's extremely rare that eBay ever do anything that actually proves to be advantageous to anybody other than themselves, but it's good to know that I can now look back at past purchases from the last seven years should I ever have any reason to want to look up an item that I bought within that timeframe.

The only reason I suggested printing off hard copies of any previous orders was because I wasn't aware that it was possible to view items purchased more than a couple of years ago.  In light of these changes to the purchase history that course of action clearly wouldn't be necessary.

Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

purchase history

@m25jet   wrote:

Well, I stand corrected.  When did eBay instigate that change to the Purchase History?  The last time I looked at my previously bought items they only went back about two years! 

The change occured a month,  maybe two ,  maybe 3 ago,  time flies,   but it changed without  warning to anyone ! 

Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: