eBay’s INAD policy is an absolute joke. eBay doesn’t care about it’s sellers.

A family member of mine listed an item & got shafted because of eBay's policy that rewards buyers for making fraudulent claims. The item was exactly as described, clearly shown in pictures as unboxed, but new and unused. Only opened to check contents. The seller claimed it wasn't sealed, & opened a case. eBay found in his favour.

She isn't a full time seller & a single parent who's just trying to make ends meet putting her out of pocket like this is a strain financially. 

eBay don't give a rat's a**e about their sellers. No wonder there are tons of scammers abusing their rubbish INAD policy. 

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

"eBay don't give a rat's a**e about their sellers. No wonder there are tons of scammers abusing their rubbish INAD policy. "

The problem is that eBay never see the item so it's impossible for them to know who is being truthful.

You have experience of this by virtue of a false positive a seller left you claiming you scammed them by claiming they sent you an empty box.

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

He didn't claim he was sent an empty box. He claimed it should've been sealed when the listing photos clearly show it unsealed and opened and it was correctly listed as New (other) because of this. 

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

This isn't one of my listings. It's a family member who listed something for sale on her account.

What you're referring to is an actual empty box I was sent by a seller when I paid for a pair of earphones for my son. I got my money back & said scammer got annoyed he didn't my get away with it & left a false positive on my feedback, which has nothing to do with my original post. 

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

My guess would be that this is buyers remorse, they probably know that if they open a return for change of mind, the seller can not only refuse the return, but the buyer will have to pay to send it back, so they've drawn straws on what excuse to use to return it.

Ebay can only go with what's in front of them, they can't see the item, so if a buyer states not as described, they have to go with it. Your relative can't really win this, so you may as well just provide a label, get it back, refund and then sell it again.

Sadly, it's one of the issues with selling on-line, every now and again you have that one you have to deal with 😉

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

The seller must report the buyer for abusing the MBG and then they may get the cost of the return label refunded.

If sufficient reports are received about a buyer, eBay supposedly takes action to restrict the buyer's ability to return items and may, in very rare cases, suspend the buyer's account ... and then they open another account and do the same thing again!!!!!!!!!!

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: