Yodel failing to deliver parcel and buyer has opened a case but the system doesn't allow me to make

A parcel was sent out on schedule to a customer via Yodel. Yodel tracking shows that there were 3 attempts to deliver and the courier was unable to deliver the parcel. The tracking information was then updated to show that parcel was being held in the depot for collection.

According to Yodel, the courier had a problem finding the address.  After a disussion with Yodel they agreed that there was no legitimate reason for the courier to say that they couldn't find the address as it was on a main road and the street number was visible from the street. So they said they would try again.

But the courier has taken the parcel out for delivery twice and still hasn't been able to find the address.

My customer has now raised a case and is asking for a refund

I have no roblem with this and fully appreciate their position

However, the system does not allow me to make a refund and there is no way that I know of to tell Ebay to resolve the case by issuing the refund

Do I have to wait until Ebay does their thing or is there a customer service dept which deals with this sort of thing that I can contact?

Mike Chandler

Message 1 of 9
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yodel failing to deliver parcel and buyer has opened a case but the system doesn't allow me to make

8 REPLIES 8

If your buyer has opened a case there is an option in there for you to issue a refund.  

Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent

I can live with the option being unavailable. But - and this is the thing that I really find annoying - there is also no option to contact Ebay

I would like to update them with new information about the couriers "attempts" to deliver the parcel and to advise Ebay that I do not think the courier will succeed in completing the delivery and so, as per the customers request,  Ebay should go ahead and issue a refund to the buyer.

To just let this kind of thing run it's course makes the seller look like the bad guy who has left the buyer without the product and holding onto their money and that is just not right

Message 3 of 9
See Most Recent

Sorry, I misread your response

On a normal "item not received" case, you are right and there is an option to refund

However, here the customer has opened a case by directly contacting Ebay Customer Support. There are no options to do anything, It simply says "We'll review this case and make a final decision"

After pushing Yodel to pull their finger out and get the parcel delivered they still haven't done so. The tracking information showed that it was out for delivery on Saturday. But shortly after 5:00 pm it changed to say that a delivery had been attempted and to contact Yodel. They claimed that the courier had been unable to find - yet again - the address

So, I am happy to refund the buyer and make then have to wait. But I can't and there isn't any way to contact bay customer support to tell them that

It is frustrating and a poor system

Message 4 of 9
See Most Recent

You find it through 'Help and Contact' at the top of every page.  You'll need to search through the options, then you end up using a 'chatbot' - but tell the bot that you 'need to speak to an agent'.  You then get the options of either 'call us' or 'have us call you' - I always request call backs and get them in less than a minute.

Good luck!

Message 5 of 9
See Most Recent

sorry just realised my link didnt attach

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

Message 6 of 9
See Most Recent

Thank you for the link. I remember seeing those options available on the Ebay site a couple of years ago. But recently whenever I clicked on "Contact us" on any of their pages the options in your link didn't appear. I have bookmarked the link

Message 7 of 9
See Most Recent

Same - They dont make it easy to find (for a reason) 

Message 8 of 9
See Most Recent

Yodel finally delivered the parcel on the 11th. My customer services contact at my local Yodel depot printed off the delivery information including the GPS delivery location data and the courier's photograph of the delivery. I forwarded all of that info to my customer. 

I used the link to "Have Us Call You" and spoke to an Ebay customer support rep who confirmed that they could see that the delivery had been completed and they would, therefore, close the case

It was all resolved in a few minutes (well, apart from what seemed like a lifetime trying to get Yodel to deliver the package !!!!)

Message 9 of 9
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: