Verifying your domain with Facebook

Hello eBay community,

I'm here to seek some assistance with a little(!) challenge I'm facing in connecting my eBay store to Instagram.

Here's the situation: Facebook only accepts root domain verification, but eBay store links are in a subdomain format. To work around this, I added my website as a domain and listed eBay items in the Facebook shop catalog. But, Instagram doesn't allow tagging if the domain page is different from the items' page. So my brilliant idea didn't work out as planned.

I'm feeling a bit lost in the world of social media, and despite my best efforts, I haven't been able to figure out how to make Instagram tagging work seamlessly with eBay items. Does anyone here have experience with this or know of a workaround?

Any advice or clever hacks would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all for your time and support!

All the best,

Deniz

Message 1 of 10
See Most Recent
9 REPLIES 9

Facebook is easy to set up Instagram is  a bit more difficult, you need a business Instagram account

which will have a link to your eBay store people on Insta will be able to click the link and find your store. 

The only problem is if you use the social media setting on eBay to send your listing to Instagram it doesn't work as the pic are too large for Instagram. The workaround for that is you can connect your FB business page to Instagram and send your listings that way. 

If you have a Facebook business page for your eBay store you can send the listing to it directly from the eBay social media link. One thing that actually works on here. 

It's the same for Twitter as well as a business page and link it back to the eBay store eBay listings from the social media link are accepted no problem with photo size.

You basically connected a chain for all your social media to zinc together.

I hope this helps.

Maureen

SimplyC Accessories
Message 2 of 10
See Most Recent

Forgot something you can't verify a domain as you don't own the eBay Domain, only verify a website if you have one of your own.

You only need the business Facebook page set up and the shop that comes with it. 

Maureen

SimplyC Accessories
Message 3 of 10
See Most Recent

HI,

My Facebook wont link with ebay anymore any ideas what i can do i called ebay but they have no clue what am talking about.

Message 4 of 10
See Most Recent

Hi @discountbargainsgalore 

There is currently an open tech issue for this. Ive added your account to the report. 

Ill post back here once I have an update.

Thanks,

Dave

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 5 of 10
See Most Recent

Hi,

Thanks for the feed back hope it will be solved soon as been without for 5 days now

Kindest Regrds

Martin

Message 6 of 10
See Most Recent

Hi Dave,

I still have the same issue.

Message 7 of 10
See Most Recent

Facebook and Instagram worked fine till a few days ago decided not to work anymore and wont link. Pintrest is working. Called ebayfew days ago but they didnt have a clue what i was talking about 5 days gone and still no answer from ebay regarding this problem or to try and fix.

Message 8 of 10
See Most Recent

my account is the same I can no longer link my ebay account to my Facebook and Instagram account

as per my own thread 

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Member-To-Member-Support/Ebay-not-linking-up-to-facebook-and-Instagr...

Message 9 of 10
See Most Recent

Its been 2 weeks still no update from ebay can somebody contact us and tell us whats the issue please. The helpline have no clue of what were talking about.

Message 10 of 10
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: