VAT showing when listing

Hi, I have just registered as a business seller. When i have first gone to list an item in the pricing it states Price (including VAT) or the option to set a VAT percentage. I am a businees seller now but I am not registered to pay VAT (nowhere near the threshold).  I have not uploaded any VAT information to ebay obviously so should this be showing? (it never showed when listing as a private seller).  I'm guessing i can just ignore this and set my price as usuall? Thanks 

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VAT showing when listing

@cjh1878 wrote:

When i have first gone to list an item in the pricing it states Price (including VAT) or the option to set a VAT percentage. I am a businees seller now but I am not registered to pay VAT (nowhere near the threshold). 

That is shown to all business sellers; VAT registered or not. You simply enter the selling price in the "Price" field and leave the "VAT (optional)" box empty.  

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

VAT showing when listing

Might be because you offer overseas posting

Anyone buying from overseas will be charged import VAT (and duty) over a certain amount if they buy your listings

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

VAT showing when listing

@cjh1878 wrote:

When i have first gone to list an item in the pricing it states Price (including VAT) or the option to set a VAT percentage. I am a businees seller now but I am not registered to pay VAT (nowhere near the threshold). 

That is shown to all business sellers; VAT registered or not. You simply enter the selling price in the "Price" field and leave the "VAT (optional)" box empty.  

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

VAT showing when listing

If you are a non VAT registered business seller just complete the 'includes VAT' boxes and leave the VAT box blank.  Don't be tempted to put 0 in the VAT box.

If you are not VAT registered you can't charge VAT or claim VAT back on expenses.  You will be charged VAT on the fees you pay eBay as are all business sellers.

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

VAT showing when listing

Brilliant Thank you!

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent