The can't BUY AGAIN bug

I have not tested this bug on desktop browser but on the eBay app.

Please go to the Buy Again or purchase history, don't click the button click the image of the listing and the option to purchase and the listings details will be unavailable to you.
you are unable to buy something again

And most importantly all yours and our previous buyers can't buy again. 
This is a serious bug, so please can everyone try it. 
seen on iOS on iPhone using eBay app. 

does anyone else see this bug? 
Update; the bug also occurs when you search for something you have previously purchased in the app and visit the listing. It makes it unavailable to purchase. 
the only thing it shows is the Thanks for your purchase and contact the seller. 
it does show others sponsored items, how nice.  

Message 1 of 12
See Most Recent
11 REPLIES 11

The can't BUY AGAIN bug

I have reported this several times from my seller account (the first time was in August 2023) after receiving messages from previous buyers to say they cannot purchase an item again.  Three of these buyers kindly sent me screenshots showing the message "Thanks for your purchase.... please contact seller".

Reply received from ebay technical support "We tried to replicate the issue from our end. We were able to add this item to shopping basket without any issue........ it might be an issue on buyer end." 

I explained again that it only happens when someone is a previous buyer and tries to buy the same item again, either from their purchase history or from a search.  

Needless to say, nothing has been done and the bug is still alive and well 5 months later.  

Message 2 of 12
See Most Recent

The can't BUY AGAIN bug

The fact that as the 28th viewer of this post you have seen this bug, and reported it means it must be widespread. Do you know if this is android ebay app, as well as Apple phones?  I see it in my iPhone ebay app. 

Thanks for also confirming in detail. I actually think this is a major bug that could be losing eBay and us a lot of customers. Imagine repeat customers using the app and cant buy again. I have about 17% repeat customers on other channels. Lets assume 60% use eBay app. That's a pretty big bug for many people that would likely just buy from one of the sponsored listings, or go elsewhere. 

Message 3 of 12
See Most Recent

The can't BUY AGAIN bug

Yes, it happens on android ebay app as well and has lost me a lot of sales.

I have messages from one buyer who was a regular on ebay and had purchased from me 17 times prior to August last year. He provided me with screenshots and he also contacted ebay to ask why he could no longer buy and was told it was an issue with the listing and to contact the seller! Ebay had already told me, the seller, that any issue must be with the buyer.  

After three separate rounds of livechat, messages and call backs, all saying there was nothing wrong, I gave up and concentrated on other selling platforms, while seeing my sales on ebay plummet.  

Message 4 of 12
See Most Recent

The can't BUY AGAIN bug

Suggestion:- recheck your set Buyer preferences in Selling Account Preferences > Your Buyers Edit > Buyer Management > Buyer Requirements > and remove/change #s if necessary ... may help ?.

Message 5 of 12
See Most Recent

The can't BUY AGAIN bug

Thank you for your suggestion but that is not the issue in my case.  I have never had that box ticked and I made sure the setting was still correct (ticked and then unticked it an hour or so later) when I started getting messages from previous buyers.  

Previous buyers who bought months ago (not just in the last 10 days) cannot place an order for the same item. 

Message 6 of 12
See Most Recent

The can't BUY AGAIN bug

I've checked it on a desktop, and I can buy again either by clicking the image or by clicking the Buy Again button.

Message 7 of 12
See Most Recent

The can't BUY AGAIN bug

Okay so to confirm from my side the bug is:

On ebay app for Android and Apple. 

All 'previous' buyers are unable to purchase again, using the following methods:
1. 'Buy Again' section

2. 'Searching for the item and clicking the listing'. 

All done within the app. 

The 'purchase history' section, does sometimes work if they click the buy again link but not if they click the listing image or text. This is on off. 

Either way a pretty bad bug, I wish others would check to confirm, but I sense it's widespread. 

Thanks.

Message 8 of 12
See Most Recent

The can't BUY AGAIN bug

Hi All,

I think I have been subject to this bug and have been on and off for a number of months.

I not completely tech savvy so it has been hard to work out what is actually wrong

It was only when a buyer this week said she was trying to buy something that she has bought

before from me that I had a lightbulb moment and have decided to dig deeper.

Is it worth contacting ebay? What is everyone currently doing about this issue?

Thanks 

Caz

Message 9 of 12
See Most Recent

The can't BUY AGAIN bug

I've had this problem as a buyer and I mostly use a desktop PC not a phone so it's not isloated to any particular system.

I got round it by using another account when there was an item I wanted to bid on but I wonder how many sellers are unaware and are losing lots of sales because of it.

Most customers won't bother to contact the seller - I didn't.

Message 10 of 12
See Most Recent

The can't BUY AGAIN bug

Are you still having this issue?  I have received messages from two previous buyers (on my business account) in the last few days to say they cannot purchase the same item again. Both sent screenshots showing that there is no option to pay or add to basket - just a message to say they have bought before.  

I have tried so many times since August 2023 to get this bug fixed but still nothing done.  The response from ebay yet again is "We were able to add this item to shopping basket without any issue........ it might be an issue on buyer end."  They seen unable or unwilling to grasp that it only happens when a previous buyer tries to buy the same item again.   

Any suggestions of a workaround or how to get ebay to fix it would be appreciated.......

Message 11 of 12
See Most Recent

The can't BUY AGAIN bug

As a buyer finding this very frustrating. 
forcing me to buy from other suppliers, losing my favourites business. 

Message 12 of 12
See Most Recent