So business seller protection means nothing anymore. Im lost for words.

So as we all know if the tracking shows delivered, a seller WILL win a case, well I received this email from ebay after a buyer opened a INR with tracking showing as delivered.

Ive replied reminding them of their own policy under seller protection and no where does it ask for a receipt is needed as proof and i no longer have this as its delivered and end of transaction. I also pointed out this is  covered by seller guarantee (outlined below) as im.a business account so for this to be not closed in my favour goes against ebays  own policy and a worrying prospect if this is ebays approach.  Im lost for words and would also appreciate admins comments too 

marco@ebaykat@ebaydave@ebay

Evidence of successful delivery

We require all of the following to prove a successful on-time delivery:

• Tracking number that can be validated on the shipping carrier's website and which was uploaded to eBay before the latest estimated delivery date;
  • A delivery status of "delivered" or "attempted delivery" (or equivalent in the country to which the item was delivered);
  • The date of delivery or attempted delivery;
  • The recipient's address, showing at least the city/county or postcode (or international equivalent) that matches the one found on the Order details page; and
  • Signature confirmation, on orders with a total cost of £450 or more. Learn more about our signature confirmation requirements.

Screenshot_20240322_191108_Email.jpg

Screenshot_20240322_191103_Email.jpg

Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

papso22
Experienced Mentor

Are they not just asking for evidence of the 4th bullet point?  As in your tracking doesn't show where it was delivered/sent to?

If it does show city/postcode, they are out of order. 

Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

As you know we input the tracking when dispatched and in all my years of INRs thats it, as far as sellers are concerned, marked delivered = seller protection.  Im now being asked for my receipt that i got at the parcel shop which would show the address and tracking, but once an items delivered, why would i keep it (well i will now but certainly never been something ebay have asked for to decide the outcome of an INR).  As you say, its out of order, seller protection as per their own policys all thats needed is 

Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

Ive just gone through to chat and theyve closed the case in my favour but interesting to know after 18yrs on ebay that CS seem to make up the policy/rules as they seem fit.

Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

but interesting to know after 18yrs on ebay that CS seem to make up the policy/rules as they seem fit.

This has been a complaint on these boards for some time. C/S want to end contacts as quickly as possible so say what they think the caller wants to hear and not necessarily the truth.

Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

` but once an items delivered, why would i keep it `

i`m not a business seller, but i keep all receipts from postage for at least a year, because whilst i can`t remember under what circumstance it can happen, but i`m sure people can claim refunds upto a year later.

Gotta watch your back all the time on here, very sad and say`s alot about people today 🙂

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

@*knight-rider* wrote:

` but once an items delivered, why would i keep it `

i`m not a business seller, but i keep all receipts from postage for at least a year, because whilst i can`t remember under what circumstance it can happen, but i`m sure people can claim refunds upto a year later.

Gotta watch your back all the time on here, very sad and say`s alot about people today 🙂

Indeed, whilst Ebay should not ask for postage receipts, PayPal / credit card company very well might.

If a buyer paid with PayPal they have 180 days to make a claim.  If buyer paid with credit card, they have up to 6 years to file a Section 75 against you (but only if the purchase was for over £100)

Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

Ive had plenty of payment disputes over my 18yrs, through ebay or direct with the card co.  and screenshots of online tracking has always been enough to win so now to ask for images of receipts is a new one for me, also if it had been a RM collection no paper receipt is given.  Clearly this agent is making up their own rules and on contacting chat they closed it straight away but if i hadnt then no receipt could of meant i could of lost this... Seller protection is exactly what we expect in return for sending an item tracked and even says in their own seller protection policy.  Ebay then sort out the rest re buyer protection and its always been that way (blimey we pay enough fees) but for chat to close it immediately means this rogue CS is just taking it upon themselves to then put my funds on hold until i provide a receipt, thats not on. 

Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: