Selling Limits

So this week I decided to bring this eBay id out of the woodwork and list again after quite a few years.    Unsurprisingly it has had selling limits imposed. 

I do have another id that I normally (and still do) sell on 

It says in the help pages that you can link selling ids to assist in having your selling limits raised but I can't find how to do this.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?  Thanks.

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

Selling Limits

We did that a lot of years ago, I think we had to speak to CS on the phone.

They link them together, so if both accounts in good standing, you can get goodwill from the trading one and they will raise the limits on second account to get you going.

You need to speak to them on the phone to do it tho IIRC

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
- Albert Einstein
Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

Selling Limits

Great thank you.

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

Selling Limits

This is what eBay states:

"If you have more than one seller account, you may also be able to raise your limits by linking to your other, more established seller account. If your accounts can be linked, you'll see that option when you select Request higher selling limits in the Monthly selling limits section of My eBay's All Selling view."

I suspect eBay must require some means of actually verifying the accounts belong to - or are otherwise controlled by - the same person. I can't see this being a problem if only the registered email address and eBay user ID are different. If the accounts are registered to different people with different bank accounts and different addresses then obviously they're unlikely to link them for selling limit increases or everyone would start claiming a random account with tens of thousands of feedback was their "other" account.  

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

Selling Limits

As you have been away from eBay for a long time,  there's been some very big changes.  PayPal is no longer involved in the receiving of payouts from sales,  eBay Manage Payments now.

All sellers have to register for this to be able to list items for sale and to receive payouts from those sales.  Your limits will increase after a few sales too.

See here:

You need to provide eBay with details of a bank account and have this account verified.  The usual method here, is for eBay to send 2 micro deposits into that nominated bank account for you to receive,  and confirm to eBay.

Once this is completed,  you will be able to list items for sale,  and receive payouts from those sales.

This will show you how to register for eBay's Managed Payments.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/help/selling/getting-paid/introducing-managed-payments-ebay?id=4795

If there is an issue with the registration contact eBay Customer Services,  who have full access to your account,  and can see where the issue lies and explain the steps you now need to take.

Contact them this way.

Scroll to the very bottom of the page on the link below you will be able to access eBay Customer Services  through the Contact Us link.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/buying/search-tips/advanced-search?id=4049&query=1455&st=GENERAL_SEARCH

Lines open between 8 a.m. and 10p.m. on weekdays,  and between 9.am. and 6 p.m. on weekends.

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

Selling Limits

As @ducatimondo suggests, speak to CS.  When I started the business account I didn't have a great enough listing allowance for all the items.  CS checked my private account, found it in good standing, and increased the listing allowance.

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

Selling Limits

Thanks all.  I've not been away, only this account has been.  I've been selling on a different id.  I had been meaning to have both running for some time but never quite got round to it.  Now with the little person at school I finally have time.   But yes, same person, name, address.  Same business bank account for payments (verified a while back when both ids switched to managed payments - even though this one not used).  And only me has access to both, no other users attached.

So now both active.  I'll give CS a call on Monday morning.  Thanks for your help.

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: