Sales Stopped on Friday 15/12/2023- Impressions Views dropped

I wonder if anyone else experienced issues with Sales as of Friday 15/12/2023- Impressions Views dropped

Message 1 of 27
See Most Recent
26 REPLIES 26

Yes,my last sale was Wednesday 13th very slow this month and to be honest the worst December sales wise since I've been trading,I've even ran a 20% off promotion which has made no difference at all-hardly worth the bother.

Message 2 of 27
See Most Recent

yes as dead as a door nail

Message 3 of 27
See Most Recent

Christmas was supposed to be very busy but this week has been dead.

Message 4 of 27
See Most Recent

Hey how often do you post items up for sale as it is Christmas a reason why many people have dropped in sales is because everyone increases how many items they put up for sale so there is a lot more competition. I would try to end listing on your current listings and sell similar so you get a tonne of 'new' listings on your account.

Message 5 of 27
See Most Recent

Flat out. Busiest we have been all December so very odd.

Message 6 of 27
See Most Recent

I've had some impressions and views disappear (again) from my traffic page on the 14th. About 60% of pages views and 40% of impressions. Just on the 14th.

Message 7 of 27
See Most Recent

Yes stopped for me my last sale was late Thursday night nothing since. According to charts TBH I don't take them too seriously there is no way of telling if they are correct or not but mine shows everything as going down.

Maureen

SimplyC Accessories
Message 8 of 27
See Most Recent

If you send with Royal Mail 2nd Class or Tracked 48 then listings will have been buried due to the EDD being broken since around that time. Only when changing to Tracked 24 or First Class will they get back up. Any sellers that did find the listings will be put off with the 2 week delivery times after Christmas. 

On Friday/Saturday

Tracked 48 EDD says 29-30th for same day/next day dispatchers to the UK (however EDD said you can get it to Germany by the 22nd)

Evri standard was advertised as quicker than Tracked 24. 

I posted 7 Tracked 24 on Saturday and 6 of them arrived on Sunday. One to Scotland and one with Evri are two that missed. Not sure how eBay thinks Evri standard is quicker than T24.

Anyway, for the final weekend of Christmas sales (and the end of last week too) if you stuck with Tracked 48 or 2nd class then it's highly unlikely to get sales with the advertised EDD.

Message 9 of 27
See Most Recent

I have a theory that eBay mistakenly applied last year's estimates when RM were on strike on 23rd & 24th December, because on Friday all my delivery estimates jumped up to 27th-30, some sellers were seeing January 4th.

I saw a huge surge in Amazon sales over the weekend and a dramatic drop in eBay sales and I think it's because of the delivery estimates.

Message 10 of 27
See Most Recent

Same here. From about 10 ish items a day, went down to 1. I'm listing every day and no defects on my account. It's like it got cut off with the knife or something....

Message 11 of 27
See Most Recent

Now showing Estimated between Wed, 27 Dec and Fri, 29 Dec , madness. Have eBay actual responded about the EDD? Ebay sales haved died but Amazon SFP has done well.

Jon
Message 12 of 27
See Most Recent

Our est DD are showing 4th Jan!! Crazy! Or have ebay had a heads up just how bad royal mail really are. We had a customer send us a pic the other day of their envelope which literally looked like rats had ate it inside a plastic bad royal mail had put it in with an apology. Shocking. Cost me £15 in stickers as I had to refund.

Message 13 of 27
See Most Recent

Royal Mail Xmas deliveries for RM24 are still before Christmas ! 21/23 Dec.

but ebay's RM24 EDD's are for 7 days later! well after Christmas 27th -30th December!!!

Yet only last night, well after the cut off time, the EDD's were still correct, they only changed to the erroneous ones after midnight, what an unbelievable incompetence !

No wonder all sales stopped today as ebay decided to give millions of ££££££ as Christmas gift to Amazon !!! with their erroneous EDD's !

RM dates :

https://www.royalmail.com/christmas/last-posting-dates

Message 14 of 27
See Most Recent

Additionally I just noticed that half of my items ( ladies purses) show EDD as 23th-28th Dec & the other half ( men's wallets) as 27th-30th. if posted to the same address.

Yet I use the same service RM24 & post same day for all my products, so why there are 2 days difference in ebay's EDD's ???

Anyone has any ideas why this is?

also why ebay's EDD are all wrong as compared to Royal Mail as the EDD for RM24 should be 21/22 Dec & not 27th/30th Dec. 

Why is ebay applying those erroneous EDD's thus killing sales , dont they want the additional Xmas sales ???

maybe marco@ebay can ask the EDD's team why the difference in EDD's shown to potential buyers ??? 

This happens everyday then goes back to uniform EDD's  for a few hours & then it starts again - it drives me mad.

Message 15 of 27
See Most Recent

We figured out it was infact Ebay's EDD that caused us downfall. We went from 10 parcels a day to ZERO due to estimated delivery date. Shame we were expecting a busiest week this week for deliveries using RM 24 service but choosing RM 24 even says after Christmas on 27th ... 😅

Message 16 of 27
See Most Recent

@theglo-68 wrote:

We figured out it was infact Ebay's EDD that caused us downfall. We went from 10 parcels a day to ZERO due to estimated delivery date. Shame we were expecting a busiest week this week for deliveries using RM 24 service but choosing RM 24 even says after Christmas on 27th ... 😅

Since midnight change the're now showing 2 class post (RM48 & RM48 Tracked)) as faster service then 1 class (RM24 & RM24 tracked), the difference is 2 days !!! or on some of my listings they're showing as same service same EDD, of course all are wrong anyway as not what RM are stating on their website, but they cannot even get the difference between 1 & 2 class, 

Just added some screenshots to this thread:

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Business-Seller-Board/1st-Class-Slower-Than-2nd-Today-of-All-Days-Re...

Message 17 of 27
See Most Recent

Yes ive had no sales since mid November, not even watchers, ive got everything on promotional at the correct %, multi buy offers tec. Not even an offer. Weird.

Message 18 of 27
See Most Recent

Hey that may be because your listings are older than 90 days! You should end listing and sell similar.

Message 19 of 27
See Most Recent

I would edit your item titles to include at least some descriptive text of what your item is... you're relying on people seeing the image, but people may search for "Lighthouse print" "Woodland Print" etc. but your titles are all the same.

Do some keyword research and change your titles and I bet you'll see an uptick in results, if not sales then at least some traffic.

Message 20 of 27
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: