Postage Policies, Global Shipping Country Separation?

Apologies if this has been asked before, can't find a topic about it.

I send items worldwide but have some zones selected as global shipping due to the reliance of the postal service within those countries.

But on the postage policies you cannot separate some of the countries out from continents, e.g. all the countries that appear under "Europe" but some of them have been separated on the list such as France and Germany.

Basically what I want is a list of all countries and the ability to choose whether I post to them directly or not, if not I will send via GSP. 

Is this possible? TIA!

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

Just giving this a nudge, is this even possible, if not it seems silly to encapsulate countries on the policies list within "Europe" and to separate others out like France and Germany?

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

@vintagewatchpart wrote:

Just giving this a nudge, is this even possible, if not it seems silly to encapsulate countries on the policies list within "Europe" and to separate others out like France and Germany?

I suspect the reason France and Germany can be singled out is because of their respective Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) legislation. Businesses selling to these countries must register with EPR organisations, pay a fee, keep records of the packaging they export etc. Many businesses have decided this is too much faff and therefore have decided to specifically exclude France and Germany from the list of countries they sell to.

EPR legislation will eventually be enacted in every EU country and probably the UK as well at some point. However, for now it is just France and Germany that are in "strict" mode. 

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

Could be, the issue is I want to sell to countries like Denmark, Netherlands and Sweden directly but because I don't want to send to some other European countries directly and use global shipping instead, those countries I do want to send to get encapsulated within the GSP option resulting in less sales to those countries.

I could tick the boxes and just exclude the countries (e.g. Italy due to bad package loss reputation) but want to still give them the option of buying using GSP.

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

@vintagewatchpart wrote:

I could tick the boxes and just exclude the countries (e.g. Italy due to bad package loss reputation) but want to still give them the option of buying using GSP.

I don't think it's possible to do it that way. As I understand it if you exclude a country in a policy it excludes it from both GSP and non-GSP international shipping:

exclude.png

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

EPR payments have been defferrred for a year in the UK. 

Putting a positive spin on it, they're an aspirational fee in the UK regs - you don't start paying until you're a million pound plus business.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/extended-producer-responsibility-for-packaging-who-is-affected-and-what-...

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

@ojewellery wrote:

EPR payments have been defferrred for a year in the UK. 

Putting a positive spin on it, they're an aspirational fee in the UK regs - you don't start paying until you're a million pound plus business.

Wow...that's not even the only threshold. It's if all the following apply:

• you’re an individual business, subsidiary or group (but not a charity)
  • you have an annual turnover of £1 million or more (based on your most recent annual accounts)
  • you were responsible for more than 25 tonnes of packaging in 2022
  • you carry out any of the packaging activities

Phew!

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: