Help, I have subscribed to a business account but my listing limit has not increased.

Hi community, I have recently subscribed to a business account but my listing limit has not increased. It is still the 200 items from my private account. Automated support says I cannot request an increase until next month, however I'm sitting on stock I cannot list for three weeks.

Is there any other way of contacting support as I'm going round in circles with the robots?

Thanks for any advice!

Message 1 of 13
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Help, I have subscribed to a business account but my listing limit has not increased.

@kristoffs_collectables wrote:

Hi community, I have recently subscribed to a business account but my listing limit has not increased.

As mentioned; if you're referring to this account it has not been "upgraded" to a business account. You need to follow the instructions here if that is what you want to do. If you want to keep a private account and have a separate business account you can open a new business account using a different email address (change "personal" to "business"). 

If it is this account you're referring to I can see why eBay aren't increasing your selling limit - you've only sold 2 items in the last 90 days. I'd suggest splitting those multi-variation trading cards into individual listings as it will be easier for people to find the exact card they want. Whether you list them as single items or in multi-variation listings has no effect on your listing limit. 

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 13
See Most Recent
12 REPLIES 12

papso22
Experienced Mentor

Thanks for the link, however I've already tried this.

When I request the increase I receive the following message: "Unfortunately, you're not currently eligible for a selling limit increase."

But thanks for assisting.

Message 3 of 13
See Most Recent

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

this account is a private account, not a business account.

Message 4 of 13
See Most Recent

Opening a shop is not the same as registering as a business.

Do you also realise that you are losing money selling Poemon cards for .99p with free postage? Maybe it is to improve your feedback score but at the moment, you are paying Ebay every time you sell one.

Message 5 of 13
See Most Recent

@kristoffs_collectables wrote:

Hi community, I have recently subscribed to a business account but my listing limit has not increased.

As mentioned; if you're referring to this account it has not been "upgraded" to a business account. You need to follow the instructions here if that is what you want to do. If you want to keep a private account and have a separate business account you can open a new business account using a different email address (change "personal" to "business"). 

If it is this account you're referring to I can see why eBay aren't increasing your selling limit - you've only sold 2 items in the last 90 days. I'd suggest splitting those multi-variation trading cards into individual listings as it will be easier for people to find the exact card they want. Whether you list them as single items or in multi-variation listings has no effect on your listing limit. 

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Message 6 of 13
See Most Recent

Thanks very much indeed 🙂 

Cheers also for the listing advice, being new to the buisness side of ebay all advice is welcomed.

Message 7 of 13
See Most Recent

not currently eligible for a selling limit increase.?? I make lots of sales, been with eBay since 1996, I sall items that are proven sellers, eBay are losing fees??

Message 8 of 13
See Most Recent

You need to remove this part from your listings, as it is untrue - sellers pay return postage, eBay forces sellers to pay return postage, and if the item gets damaged in the post, you still have to refund. You can't make up your own rules. eBay's Money Back Guarantee overrides anything you write in the listing, buyers refunds are guaranteed. 

"The buyer is responsible for return postage costs and must ensure that the return item is addressed clearly and safely packaged to prevent damage or loss in transit. Damage or loss of an item will void the refund."

Message 9 of 13
See Most Recent

Thanks for making me aware, I would obvioulsy follow ebay policy, but I would also like to direct you to the following guidence on return costs https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/managing-returns-refunds/return-postage-sellers?id=4703 Are the rules different for business sellers?

Regarding "Damage or loss of an item will void the refund." I'm fully aware that I would have to refund no matter what happens and would never dispute this with a buyer, the statement exists simply to incentivise my customers to package and return the unwanted items responsibly so that they can be relisted in good condition and enjoyed by someone else 😉

Message 10 of 13
See Most Recent

Sellers, business or private, have to pay the return postage when a buyer claims something is not as described. 

It's not a good business look to 'incentivise' someone by misleading them.

Message 11 of 13
See Most Recent

@papso22  Thanks for trying to help me earlier. Regards your latest advice, I'm fully aware thanks, if I have somehow caused the issue I would rectify the issue at my own expense in an apologetic and timely manner, as a good seller should, this includes legitimate returns. My returns policy is intended to discourage inconsiderate buyers, time wasters and scammers who are rife in my market. I think you would agree that you would be somewhat displeased if someone bought one of your more expensive items, the buyer had remorse, you then paid for its return and it was damaged during the returns process due to poor packaging.

Message 12 of 13
See Most Recent

I would be displeased but I still wouldn't lie.  Refunds can never be 'voided', they can be reduced for damage but only if the seller qualifies.  

Lost returns are a whole different problem.  The jury seems to be out on what happens then.

Message 13 of 13
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: