Packlink Legacy Tool

As eBay are about to retire the 'Packlink legacy tool', once that goes I am wondering how other sellers are going to access the buyers' ebay email address and phone number?

When I am not using Parcel2Go and can't port the details over automatically, I always go into Packlink to manually copy and paste them into the courier site I am using but it seems that option is soon going to disappear. 

What will be the quickest way of accessing them once the Packlink link disappears, does anybody know? Thanks 

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

Packlink Legacy Tool

Packlink is not disappearing - just the way you access it.

Now everything appears on one page, RM & couriers. If you click one of the couriers you will see just under the name it says 'Powered by Packlink'.

However the quickest way to get the address/email/phone details is to use the drop down next to your listing and select 'print invoices and more'. All you need is there.

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

Packlink Legacy Tool

Thank you. I'll have to generate invoices to get the information once the usual Packlink link disappears. It's a shame that on the page where they are showing all of the couriers that they are pushing, they don't give the buyer email and phone number there as it would make sense, but it's eBay isn't it and they havent considered that. 

Its a bit of a pain this because the way they want us to pay now only allows me to do it by PayPal which I can't as I don't have a business PayPal set up. I know some private sellers can use eBay funds to buy their labels that way but I don't have that feature enabled on my account. 

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

Packlink Legacy Tool

Hi

Has anyone else noticed that on the old packlink system there were weight options and you just click on that box and it gave the prices for the different couriers for the weight bracket.

No that has gone, (you can at present still access this using the old tool) and it seems you have to manually put the weight in and the box measurements too.

Best wishes

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

Packlink Legacy Tool

I use Safari on iPhone and switch to desktop mode as it is the quickest way for me with a Bluetooth label printer. So maybe the layout looks a bit different to what other people see but I have to select one of those strange parcel sizes, shoe box, cabin luggage etc and just pick a weight range below it and go next to the carrier I want. 

It doesn't need parcel dimensions but when I click on a carrier it will show their parcel size and weight limits just below the carrier name. I think it will cause some confusion because say I pick shoe box, weight up to 1kg and then click evri - under evri it says 'Up to 15 kg with maximum length 120 cm and sum of length and girth not to exceed 245 cm.' I know I have chosen a 1kg small parcel but that guidance might have completely thrown me off if I was a new seller and a bit lost with it all, I might easily buy that label for a 15kg parcel which I think is a shoe box size and think well it says that's the weight limit they have given so surely it's fine. 

I am still a bit surprised that once they remove that legacy tool I won't be able to use Packlink at all without a PayPal account. I haven't been able to buy my Royal Mail labels on eBay because of their system and now they are expanding it to packlink 😞

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

Packlink Legacy Tool

You can download the orders to  CSV file using the "download report" on the right hand side of the Orders page.

It gives phone numbers and email addresses, and you if you know excel, you can paste that data into  a spreadhseet to format it for Parcels to Go or any other service.

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: