Organic Sales Only

I'm curious if anyone is achieving sales solely through organic reach, without relying on promoted listings. I'm considering disabling all my promoted listings since they seem to inflate product prices, leading to fewer sales, and ultimately, neither customers nor sellers benefit. It feels akin to being trapped in a bubble with limited room for growth, especially when compared to other platforms like Amazon selling identical products. I'm eager to learn about the aftermath of ending promotions—do organic sales still hold up, or have they become obsolete?

TIA !!

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Organic Sales Only

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Business-Seller-Board/No-Promoted-Listings-for-1-Month-Experiment-Re...

I have a thread on this here. 

As you sell new items that have competition, it could be risky to not promote, but if you have items with no competition you could try and see what happens. If you can afford to you could turn it off completely for a week and just see what happens, keep an eye on all your analytics and metrics.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Organic Sales Only

We promote but only pay 3%. However we do get lots of organic sales and what we found was dropping the promoted listings to 3% from say 7% made no difference at all and they still appeared in the same rank.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Organic Sales Only

I've just done this and am achieving sales   I'm trying this for at least a month so that I can compare 

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: