Orders that are dispatched still in the 'awaiting dispatch section' ?

Anyone seeing orders that are dispatched, still showing up in the 'awaiting dispatch section' ?

I.e. when you click to view awaiting shipping page: 
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sh/ord/?filter=status:AWAITING_SHIPMENT

You see orders that have been dispatched? 

Is there a known issue?

Message 1 of 23
See Most Recent
22 REPLIES 22

Yes it's been happening to me for a few weeks now.  On and off.

Usually it's only one order and it disappears after refreshing the page  and goes into paid and dispatched where it should be. When it first happened though it was staying in awaiting dispatch for a few days. Nuisance!

Message 2 of 23
See Most Recent

Same here, been happening for nearly three weeks, you have to accept that the site is full of bugs and probably always will be......it's not you, it's them.

Message 3 of 23
See Most Recent

Are your items royal mail?

I just noticed all my end of last week items on Etsy are showing Pre-transit but when I check tracking most are delivered.   My ones on eBay are updating.  I know from system alerts royal mail have been doing a bit of tweaking and it can cause frustrating knock ons.

Message 4 of 23
See Most Recent

I've been getting this too for several weeks, but I don't think it has anything to do with Royal Mail, because I don't generally enter tracking numbers to eBay, I just mark stuff as dispatched.

There seems to be a pattern to it, because these ghost items show (on and off) until there is actually something to dispatch.  Unfortunately, this can take a long time - sales are few and far between, and zero-sales days are no longer rare.  My items can ghost for a day or two - but getting new, real items in the "awaiting dispatch" seems to clear them.

I wonder if it creates problems for sellers using automated systems - ie sending an order out twice?

Fortunately, most of my items are single-quantity listings, so in most cases it's physically impossible for me to duplicate an order.

Cesario, the Count's gentleman
Message 5 of 23
See Most Recent

Yes I've experienced this in the last couple of weeks. I'm sure it must be a glitch as the replies on this post seem to indicate   Fortunately I haven't had many items to despatch so it's been easy to keep track of things 

Message 6 of 23
See Most Recent

Hello all, thanks for reporting this.

Is it still happening? If so, happy to get this reported for you for a review by our tech team. I'll just need an item number and a screenshot of the issue.

Thanks,

Anita

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
Message 7 of 23
See Most Recent

Occasionally pops up every so often and then goes away again. Bit like sales on eBay at the moment.

Message 8 of 23
See Most Recent

Yes, just nearly purchased another label for an item that is already posted.

Message 9 of 23
See Most Recent

Yes, it's still happening this evening.

Message 10 of 23
See Most Recent

Hi all, thanks for confirming.

In order to report this for a review, can you please share the item number and screenshot from the 'Awaiting dispatch' page.

Thanks,

Anita

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
Message 11 of 23
See Most Recent

This has been happening to me for well over a year, especially on orders with more than one different item. I've shared item numbers and screenshots with several eBay reps and it's been acknowledged as a bug but it's still happening.

Message 12 of 23
See Most Recent

Here is a screenshot of one of my "ghosting" items.

Screenshot taken this morning; the item disappeared from "Awaiting Dispatch" list mid-morning, but it has just re-appeared now (late afternoon).

As you can see, it is marked DISPATCHED, but still appears (intermittently) in AWAITING DISPATCH.

Dispatched in Awaiting dispatch page.PNG

Message 13 of 23
See Most Recent

@bravergrace thank you.

I've reported that for you to our tech team for a review and once I have any update I will reply back here in the thread.

Thanks,

Anita

Message 14 of 23
See Most Recent

Hi @bravergrace,

The tech team reviewed this, and it seems to be resolved now.

They also looked into the other accounts reporting the issue here and were no longer able to replicate it.

If you continue experiencing the same issue, please share new examples - item number and screenshot from the 'Awaiting dispatch' section (hidden order number) and I'll escalate it further.

Thanks,

Anita

Message 15 of 23
See Most Recent

Yes, Anita.  Glad they've resolved it.  Unfortunately, this hasn't stopped it happening, and the accounts reporting it are not all imagining it.

Yes, it's still happening today - intermittently, but it is nearly always knocked out by the first paid-up sale of the day - and I'll put another screenshot up when it next appears.

In the nature of the beast (the fact that it usually goes away as soon as there's an item ready to dispatch), the team probably won't find it unless they are looking early in the morning (when some of the accounts won't have any new sales), or in the evening (after the day's sales are marked as dispatched, but before anything else is sold).  But I expect the team looking at it realised that.

Message 16 of 23
See Most Recent

And bang on cue, today's ghosting sale has reappeared for you. Here's a picture.IMG_3616.JPG

Message 17 of 23
See Most Recent

Hi @bravergrace, thanks for sharing another screenshot, that is very useful.

I flagged this to the tech team yesterday. Since it's intermittent, every time they're checking, there is no issue. So honestly speaking, it's not a straightforward case, however I'm communicating with them and if you or anyone else gets new examples, please feel free to share them, so I can continue forwarding them to the tech.

Thanks,

Anita

Message 18 of 23
See Most Recent

Thank you for trying, Anita, but honestly, if the Tech team can't see the two examples that I've shown you, they won't be able to see today's or tomorrow's either.  It is an intermittent problem - but it happens every single day between the time when I mark my items as dispatched, and the time the next item is paid for.  It's about two-thirds of the time - if I refresh the page a dozen times, the ghost will appear and disappear every now and again.

It happened this morning.  It will happen again this evening - I will mark my stuff as dispatched, and one (or possibly two) of those items will ghost until I get my next (paid-for) sale.  

If the tech team are looking at a time when there aren't any items awaiting dispatch,  and they can't ever see it, then there's clearly something else involved (such as the browser settings I use or something in my seller settings).  It can't be something specific to my computer or browsers, because I see the same if I log in on a different computer and/or browser.  

If the tech team are looking at a time when there are items actually awaiting dispatch, they won't ever see it, because this particular fault very rarely shows unless the page is (or should be) a perfect and absolute blank.  The ghost fills a blank page, it doesn't (generally) add itself to a list of other items.

Message 19 of 23
See Most Recent

Hi @bravergrace, thanks for your reply.

I was able to escalate this further and the tech team is investigating to understand why the issue is happening intermittently. I will post back here once I have an update from them.

Thanks,

Anita

Message 20 of 23
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: