Offers sent automatically

Morning all,

I've started noticing that a few days after i've listed an item, ebay is automatically sending interested buyers a discounted offer price of 10%, but I have not opted in to anything (that i'm aware of) and there is not 'Best offer' on these items either, so unsure why this is happening on some of my items

Have I clicked something along the line that allows automatic offers to be sent on some listings??

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

I think this is something Ebay does ,they pay the discount out of their own coffers.You don't lose anything.

They don't show it on the listing itself ,they only send it to "some" watchers.

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

Ah right ok that makes more sense, as sometimes when an item sells I see a discounted price, but then on the main sales page it shows the full price, so that would explain why

If i'm not losing anything that's the great. The only downside is if I want to send someone an offer myself or change the listing it won't allow me as it says I have sent too many offers and certain changes can't be made, but it's a small downside I suppose if ebay are discounting my items out of thier own packet

Thanks for taking the time to reply 😉

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

One of the options when you send an offer is

Automatically send new buyers (watchers) offers.

You may want to check that hasn't been enabled on some listings.

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

We too have recently noticed strange things going on with offers. We have always sent out occasional offers manually, but just recently we are noticing people are receiving offers without our knowledge, and not just 10% discount either! Last week we had something sell for £18 when the price should have been £22 (and we just rec'd the £18 so the difference was not in fact made up by Ebay), and today we have someone who asked a question who's now saying thanks for the offer price of £95 (when we have the item priced at £125), again this is without our knowledge of any such offer going out.

Also noticed when you click on the items eligible to send offers there's a new blue tab that says "send offers" and when you click on it there's a tick next to "send automatic offers" and when we untick it it's there again when you go back in and it won't go away. 

Any help or advice would be much appreciated as we can never get through to Ebay and we're afraid this is going to get us into trouble at some point when we cannot afford to stand by the discount. Thanks!

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

@a1bamboo I stumbled across what I think is the same thing some time ago.   Started a thread on how to see what you've set up as automated offers and how to turn them off.

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Business-Seller-Board/Make-an-offer-automation-things-I-ve-just-disc...

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent