No RM24/48 Scan = Non received case!

Is anybody seeing an uptick / coincidental amount of item not received cases when their RM24/48 mail is not scanned at the point of delivery?

I have noticed over a few months now that a good 80%+ gets scanned but every case that has come up for an item not received, they have all had RM48 postage but no scan. Are people seeing that there's been no scan by clicking the tracking some days later and thinking they're going to pull a fast one??

Something I have raised with Royal Mail but nothing as of yet has come back (as expected).

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

Exactly the same thoughts, and we have been caught by this recently. Another Royal Mail issue which needs looking in to. We are using Parcelforce more, with no such problems.

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

jow1995
Conversationalist

yes i am seeing the same probelm, just had a tracked item out for delivery but not scanned as delivered. Buyer opens not received case and another item sent, lucky it was only £20. As you say not sure if buyer was pulling a fast one or not. Must admit this is the first tracked ive lost. Large letters getting scanned has improved but no where near 100%

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

I've spotted this as well. This calendar year.  RM48 and 2nd class stamps now have a significant failure rate. Probably about 10%

Some are no doubt scammer, but given many are long term customers, I don't believe they've all started lieing at the same time.

Amazing isn't it RM48 - 10% fail rate, RM tracked 48 100% success rate

The cynic in me thinks this is a deliberate ploy by Royal Mail. Make the 'cheap' services so bad and unreliable people are forced to use the more expensive profitable ones for them.

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

I bought an item on Amazon. Seller sent it with RM48 and it arrived on time. Later I notice that Amazon say it may be lost. Tracking shows it wasn't scanned. Are Ebay doing similar? What would be their motivation for tempting buyers to be dishonest, given they lose the fee?

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: