No Fees for selling Clothing?

So Ebay has abolished all fees for selling clothing on a private account.

Now more than ever surely the clamping down of businesses operating from private accounts has to increase?

I feel so sorry for those in this niche who trade legitimately as businesses who are competing with "private" sellers who just got handed a massive chunk of money.

Message 1 of 163
See Most Recent
162 REPLIES 162

Re: No Fees for selling Clothing?

The trick with buying second hand clothes, is simply to know the actual measurements, rather than a Size M/L/12/14 etc.  ie. base decisions on pit to pit size etc.  It's far more accurate that way.  Though there is of course some variations, depending on the fit etc.

Many brands fit slightly differently with the named sizes, even though they really shouldn't.

But a lot prefer the convenience of just looking online, rather than actually going to a shop.  It's just the way the world is these days.  🙂

Message 161 of 163
See Most Recent

@therenewalworkshopltd wrote:

The trick with buying second hand clothes, is simply to know the actual measurements, rather than a Size M/L/12/14 etc.  ie. base decisions on pit to pit size etc.  It's far more accurate that way.  Though there is of course some variations, depending on the fit etc.

Many brands fit slightly differently with the named sizes, even though they really shouldn't.

But a lot prefer the convenience of just looking online, rather than actually going to a shop.  It's just the way the world is these days.  🙂

I agree about needing to know the actual garment measurements.

It's a pity eBay doesn't make it a requirement to have them on clothing listings.

I also wish sellers wouldn't use AI discriptions either.

Message 162 of 163
See Most Recent

I think buying everything online generally is a generational thing.

My son (32) has at least two deliveries a week every week from online purchases !   From his contact lenses to clothes and aftershaves.

I cannot remember the last time he actually went into a store.

Message 163 of 163
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: