New Listing Layout.Picture at the top, description at the bottom, competitors listings in the middle

I wonder if someone has infiltrated ebay and is deliberately trying to destroy them. I don't want other peoples listings in the middle of my listings that I have paid for.

Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

New Listing Layout.Picture at the top, description at the bottom, competitors listings in the middle

I have addblocker on so did not know how stupid it was getting: - adverts before my own listing at top of the page.

ebay.jpg

Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

I've just had a look at my own listings  and via a private view window  I don't have other seller's items at the top.

I do have thumbnaill images of my listings down the left hand side. I then have 4 similar sponsered listings pushed higher up my listing than I've seen before and immediately below my listings so more intrusive than ever. Below this and above my item specifics is a row of similar sponsored listings. (I can't post an image for some reason ebay doesn't let me).

Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

batro71
Conversationalist

My few items are affected so not happy ebay are messing again. As a buyer, it is difficult to clearly see item description so far down the page..and if seller says "slight mark on item see pic no.3" it is a real effort to scroll through all eBays irrelevant cr*p toget back to pictures. I can see a lot more buyer complaints as page layout is not clear for them

Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

This is how bad it is on a laptop. So it must be even worse for a buyer on a mobile trying to view full advert details. Now I know why my sales are down the pan

Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

I think ebay only left the sellers' photo at the top and by the title so buyers don't get too confused about which item they're thinking of buying.

Mind you I was looking at a random glass candle-holder and the "Similar Sponsored Items" were the usual miscellany of bowls and plates, plus for some reason a cute looking ceramic dog!!

Perhaps it was only coincidence but I noticed that all the "similar" items (including the doggy) cost more than the candle-holder.

Is this perhaps an early taster of the search refinements we were promised in the New Year?  With ebay further refining how it maximises fees from every ad.

I wonder, if I search for a vase, will "Similar" items include an adorable fluffy kitten?  With ebay you can never tell these days.

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

yep its mad.  ebays doing a good job of destroying itself!. who suffers when buyers dont see the sellers description because of these stupid adverts coming first,? certainly not ebay just  the sellers who have to put up with disgruntled buyers who didnt see items description.

just adverts for other peoples stuff . CRAZY

Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

Yes. Plus, they want you to pay for off-site adverts, which bring people to your listings. So you pay for the adverts to get the potential buyers onto your ebay listings, and when they get there ebay then show them stuff from other sellers, presumably so as they will buy something from someone who is paying a higher ebay ad listing fee.

Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent