Missing 1 item out of 3

Hi, my question is.. I've sold 3 items for one buyer. He claims that he has received just 2 out of 3 items (It was sent as 1 parcel), but I'm sure for 100% that there were 3 items. What is the best solution in this case? Return and refund, send missing item? I think that I'm lost in this case but I'm not sure how ebay will secure sellers from this type of situations when buyer can claim at any time that something is missing. What should I do? 

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

Missing 1 item out of 3

Maybe the parcel was damaged and the item taken or dropped out in transit.    Might be best to refund for the missing item rather tnan send a replacement which could suffer a similar fate.  Or you're entitled to ask for the others to be returned and you issue a full refund.    Either way if you're not sure about the buyer put their ID on your blocked bidder list:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/bmgt/BuyerBlock

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

Missing 1 item out of 3

Have you asked the buyer what they would like to happen, see what they say. Put the options mentioned above to them and take it from there. i guess it would depend on the value of the item as to whether you send a replacement or just refund for it, if it`s a £5 item and would cost that much to send a replacement, then if it was me, i`d just apologise and refund for it, but it`s your choice dependant on what the buyer wants to do.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: