Buyer states not delivered but it says delivered at side of order

Hi what do I do here, the buyer has opened a case saying item not delivered, but at the side of my order it says delivered 14th Feb (6 days ago). I purchased my label through ebay Large Letter not tracked, but it does have ebays tracking number.

Do I refund or dispute the case, if I have not got a Royal Mail tracking number?

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

my label through ebay Large Letter not tracked

It is tracked as you purchased through Ebay as the numbers on the QR code upload automatically and as per your screenshot it is marked as delivered.  Buyer has opened a case and it will be closed in your favour in 4 days (Click on ask ebay to step in which is an option that will appear after 4 days to close the case) or just leave it and it will close automatically after 15 days.  Buyer may choose "Ask ebay to step in" and you will get a message to say your funds are on hold but dont worry about 30 mins later it will close in your favour.  If the buyer leaves a negative FB then go to the help pages and right at the top is a big green box for "request FB tremoval" and again its all bot driven so it will remove it (if the FB is about delivery)  - In these cases it is upto the buyer to then prove that they didnt get the item and call Ebay direct.  They may choose to go to their card issuer for a chargeback but at this moment the transaction is complete and the buyer has to now go to Ebay directly and discuss their options

This is what I usually write if you wish to use

Thanks for letting me know about the missing item. I checked the tracking information and it does show that the package was marked as delivered ENTER DATE at ENTER ADDRESS The tracking states delivered to customer.

In situations like this, eBay recommends that buyers contact them directly so they can assess the situation and explore options for a refund under Buyer Protection. eBay has a dedicated team to handle these cases, and they can investigate the issue further ENTER COURIER, including whether you requested any safe space options and this wasnt followed. You can contact eBay directly through this link https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&;mkevt=1&mkpid They'll be happy to discuss your situation and guide you through

Personally I rarely hear from them again as they are either not genuine or decide to call Ebay 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

There must be some sort of tracking if it's showing as delivered and that should be enough for the buyer to lose their case on ebay.   Ask them to ask their neighbours in case it was delivered elsewhere.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

my label through ebay Large Letter not tracked

It is tracked as you purchased through Ebay as the numbers on the QR code upload automatically and as per your screenshot it is marked as delivered.  Buyer has opened a case and it will be closed in your favour in 4 days (Click on ask ebay to step in which is an option that will appear after 4 days to close the case) or just leave it and it will close automatically after 15 days.  Buyer may choose "Ask ebay to step in" and you will get a message to say your funds are on hold but dont worry about 30 mins later it will close in your favour.  If the buyer leaves a negative FB then go to the help pages and right at the top is a big green box for "request FB tremoval" and again its all bot driven so it will remove it (if the FB is about delivery)  - In these cases it is upto the buyer to then prove that they didnt get the item and call Ebay direct.  They may choose to go to their card issuer for a chargeback but at this moment the transaction is complete and the buyer has to now go to Ebay directly and discuss their options

This is what I usually write if you wish to use

Thanks for letting me know about the missing item. I checked the tracking information and it does show that the package was marked as delivered ENTER DATE at ENTER ADDRESS The tracking states delivered to customer.

In situations like this, eBay recommends that buyers contact them directly so they can assess the situation and explore options for a refund under Buyer Protection. eBay has a dedicated team to handle these cases, and they can investigate the issue further ENTER COURIER, including whether you requested any safe space options and this wasnt followed. You can contact eBay directly through this link https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&;mkevt=1&mkpid They'll be happy to discuss your situation and guide you through

Personally I rarely hear from them again as they are either not genuine or decide to call Ebay 

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

I have had cases opened where buyers claimed non delivery on these large letters - non tracked - but the postman scanned the barcode on delivery (thanks royal mail!).

It is tough for the buyer - but stand your ground and think about all of the refund you have paid out where the item was delivered - but someone in the household misplaced it and the recipient said not delivered. 

The good thing is even if they go to their bank - you are covered as banks also recognise delivery scans. If they did not - it would be pointless paying for tracking.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: