MAKE AN OFFER - new payment process - heads up

Hi

I just went to make an offer for an item and had to pay for it (using paypal and generating a code) PRIOR to the offer being accepted. If the offer is accepted - from what I could tell - I have already paid and there is nothing else for me to do. 

I don't think this is being rolled out to me as a 'problem account' as I have never not bought an item I have made an offer on (when the offer has been accepted). Possibly they are using me as a guinea pig because I buy a lot.

I applaud ebay trying to make buyers take 'making an offer' seriously. Get rid of the non-payers. On the other hand, I think it will put some people off making an offer for a while. Certainly, I was wary of a scam and shut down and re-opened before deciding to make the offer anyway.

Interesting stuff. New to me. Has anyone else seen this yet? Anyone else had experiences?

Message 1 of 224
See Most Recent
223 REPLIES 223

Re: MAKE AN OFFER - new payment process - heads up

Yikes. Sounds like we're never going to get rid of it.  I wonder if they will go the other way here and try to impose it on auctions as well to see if we'll wear it??

Message 221 of 224
See Most Recent

I closed my down the very same day they, started trying to *dictate* who people could give 'Their Own Money' to, if they didn't allign with PayPal & Co's own Agenda's. 

Message 222 of 224
See Most Recent

As In - The *Sheeple*, types??

Message 223 of 224
See Most Recent

Yes it's stopping me buying. I can't make an offer using PayPal for some reason.

Message 224 of 224
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: