Item I bought has been delivered according to eBay but not DHL

DHL: We are unable to find a match for the shipment number you have entered. We may not yet have received your parcel from your retailer. When we receive your parcel the tracking will be updated and we’ll send a notification to the contact details provided by the retailer when your parcel is out for delivery. Please check and try later or contact your retailer.

eBay: Delivery info
Delivered on Wed 17 Jan
Sent through eBay International Shipping
Paid
6 Jan
Dispatched
9 Jan
Delivered
17 Jan
Tracking details
Number (redacted)

I can't open a claim as, according to eBay, the delivery is in the future.  Last night they said 25 Jan and today it has changed to 18 Jan (today). What should I believe?

Message 1 of 2
See Most Recent
1 REPLY 1

Item I bought has been delivered according to eBay but not DHL

@pillarboxred wrote:

Sent through eBay International Shipping

This is a new eBay programme; I believe it is the replacement for GSP. Is the item coming from the USA where I believe it is being introduced?

My gut feeling is the original delivery scan happened when the item arrived at the seller's domestic shipping hub or when it arrived at UK customs. DHL are likely the "final mile" carrier and haven't received it yet.

@pillarboxred wrote:

I can't open a claim as, according to eBay, the delivery is in the future.  Last night they said 25 Jan and today it has changed to 18 Jan (today). What should I believe?

Did you receive an order confirmation email with an estimated delivery date?

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Message 2 of 2
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: