Item Descriptions Missing

Noticed on a fair few on my listings the item descriptions are missing.  Just a big blank section where they should be.  When I've looking in the listing in edit mode they are still there.. any ideas?

Message 1 of 28
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Checked a few of your listings and all descriptions are visible, so perhaps just an eBay clitch. Don't worry, all looks OK.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 28
See Most Recent
27 REPLIES 27

Checked a few of your listings and all descriptions are visible, so perhaps just an eBay clitch. Don't worry, all looks OK.

Message 2 of 28
See Most Recent

I also looked at a random half a dozen and all had descriptions.

Message 3 of 28
See Most Recent

@tornari-group wrote:

...not that it matters, most do not read them anyway haha.  Thanks.

Message 4 of 28
See Most Recent

@bennotbill wrote:

I also looked at a random half a dozen and all had descriptions.

Thank you 👍

Message 5 of 28
See Most Recent

I have the same problem, can't see item descriptions on my listings, and anyone else's

Was this ever resolved ?

Message 6 of 28
See Most Recent

I did notice on occasions with some of my descriptions that if i copied and pasted from a   old A4 microsoft document. only half the words or even none appeared on the ebay description section.

i had to back space,  forward space,  move left,  move right,   whatever,     for the writing to appear .

now,  I  create a new document for to write the description down. then paste it onto ebay. worked for me.

Message 7 of 28
See Most Recent

Unfortunately mine are the same, don't even know how long this has been like this either. 

As per OP, empty white space under description but text is there on revise listing. Tested with Chrome (mobile/desktop) and Opera, logged in and out.

Message 8 of 28
See Most Recent

Yep same here. Ebay please revolve ASAP!

Message 9 of 28
See Most Recent

I have 2 tablets, a hudl and an Acer, very strangely I have no item descriptions on the Acer but they are showing on the hudl, how does that happen? I use them both equally!

Message 10 of 28
See Most Recent

I have had the same problem. .I cleared the cache on my tablet and now all ok. . Lenovo tablet using Chrome 

Message 11 of 28
See Most Recent

Hi All,

Ive seen a few reports for this over the weekend. Clearing the Cache and Cookies from your browser seems to fix the issue. Here's the steps for different browsers for anyone that's unsure how to clear them:

Keep in mind if you delete cookies, you might get signed out of sites that remember you, and your saved preferences could be deleted. This applies any time a cookie is deleted.

For Edge

1. In Edge, select Settings and more  in the upper right corner of your browser window. 

2. Select Settings  > Privacy, search, and service

3. Select Choose what to clear under Clear browsing data > Clear browsing data now.

4. Under Time range, choose a time range from the list.

5. Select Cookies and other site data, and then select Clear now.

6. All your cookies and other site data will now be deleted for the time range you selected. This signs you out of most sites. 

For Chrome:

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click More daveebay_0-1705931477196.pngdaveebay_1-1705931477126.pngSettings daveebay_2-1705931477184.png
  3. Click Privacy and security daveebay_3-1705931477347.pngThird-party cookiesTip: If you are part of the Tracking Protection test group, select Tracking Protection instead.
  4. Click See all site data and permissions daveebay_4-1705931477490.png

Delete all data.
  5. To confirm, click Delete.

For Safari:

1. Go to Settings > Safari.

2. Tap Clear History and Website Data.

For the App:

Clear the Apps Cache

1. Open your device's Settings app.
  2. Find Apps or Application manager (depending on your device, this may be different, possibly under "more" settings).
  3. On the list, tap the eBay app. 
  4. Find  Storage.
  5. Tap Clear cache.

Clear the Apps Data

1. Open your device's Settings app.
  2. Tap Apps or Application manager (depending on your device, this may be different).
  3. On the list, tap the eBay app.
  4. Find Storage.
  5. Tap Clear data.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Dave

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 12 of 28
See Most Recent

Hello Dave,

Followed your instructions on the affected tablet and now I am locked out!! I tried to sign back in and it says " please verify yourself to continue"  then there are 3 coloured *bleep* throbbing and can't do anything!!! Please could you ring me ? on the phone number of my account, because I can't do anything!!

Message 13 of 28
See Most Recent

Thanks to your message I haven't followed his instructions. Hope you get it resolved soon.

I have the same problem. I can read my item descriptions on my Samsung phone but on my Samsung tablet and on the computer in the local library there is just a blank space where the description should be.

How can we expect bidders to bid if they can't read the info we have written?

Seems to affecting loads of users. 

Message 14 of 28
See Most Recent

Just rung customer services and she says the verification problem I now have is because I don't update chrome, (I know, but I'm not technical at all!), as my other tablet, Hudl, still lets me sign in without having to verify myself. So am updating chrome now, but taking ages. I will let you know if it eventually works.

Message 15 of 28
See Most Recent

Hi @sunflowers4me59 

Unfortunately I don't have a way to call you, can you send me a screen shot of the verification pop up youre getting so I can try figure out whats causing it?

Thanks,

Dave

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 16 of 28
See Most Recent

The whole point is it wouldn't let on my eBay because all the verify part was missing so if I took a screenshot I couldn't get on to send it to you! But I am updating chrome (it's still pending), whether it's that or the fact I gave up and turned it off for sometime, it has now letting me on! My original problem, this thread of no item description is still not working, again the problem is just on my Acer tablet, hudl tablet is working properly. See message 14 (kmcs20), who also has it working and not working on different devices.

Message 17 of 28
See Most Recent

I am no expert, . Can't help you
Message 18 of 28
See Most Recent

Clear browsing history as advised on both Chrome and Edge and some of our item descriptions are still not showing.

See eBay item number: 404092285112 as expmaple.

Ebay please fix this ASAP!

Message 19 of 28
See Most Recent

Hi @partsdepot_uk 

I can see the description on both browsers:

daveebay_0-1706005877715.png

daveebay_1-1706006362085.png

If you're still not seeing it you could try clearing again and doing a quick restart.

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 20 of 28
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: