How do you turn off pre approved payments for offers?

I am trying to find the setting to turn off pre approved payments for my buyers that have make an offer. 

I am not sure why ebay put this new hurdle in the way of buyers as we trust them to pay for auctions and when they click buy it now. Either way, I've heard you can turn it off, but I've looked through the multitude of settings and menus (side note: what is it with ebay and not providing a 'consistent' menu navigation, it's like a mix of 90's 00's and ad hoc menus with different layouts and fonts, making navigation hard work?).

All help appreciated. 

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It's in your selling preferences.

eBay turned it on for a lot of sellers without their knowledge.

Untick the box at the bottom of this page.https://www.ebay.co.uk/bmgt/buyerrequirements 

It should look like this.

Screenshot_2024-02-17-22-37-27-648~2.jpeg

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

It's in your selling preferences.

eBay turned it on for a lot of sellers without their knowledge.

Untick the box at the bottom of this page.https://www.ebay.co.uk/bmgt/buyerrequirements 

It should look like this.

Screenshot_2024-02-17-22-37-27-648~2.jpeg

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Thank you so much and I am sure others will also benefit. 

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

I've been looking for a solution to this as a buyer.  For some reason, if my offer is accepted, the payment goes through automatically as a "preapproved payment", through my current account , even though my preferred method of payment is via credit card !  I've been tearing my hair out as to how to change this.  

I sell rarely, but buy very often.  Any help appreciated. 

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

@kaydarling0000 wrote:

I've been looking for a solution to this as a buyer.  For some reason, if my offer is accepted, the payment goes through automatically as a "preapproved payment", through my current account , even though my preferred method of payment is via credit card !  I've been tearing my hair out as to how to change this.  

I sell rarely, but buy very often.  Any help appreciated. 

To stop preapproved or automatic payments that are with a debit card you have remove your debit card from eBay payment options page and add it again.

It's this page. https://ppcapp.ebay.co.uk/myppc/wallet/list 

To stop PayPal automatic payments you have to log into PayPal, go to settings then payments and in the automatic payments section find the one for eBay and cancel it.

It doesn't remove it from PayPal completely just makes it inactive but stops eBay using it.

Doing either of the above should make it like starting from scratch next time if you want to provide a payment method before making an offer.

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent