Get up to £100 off your Offsite Ads BETA ad fees*

I took up this offer about a week ago, ebay have been charging me every day small amounts for every listing and taking from my payments acount ?? contacted ebay today was told might be a clitch and they will investigate, anyone else had this issue ? have taken over £150 off me this week alone 

Message 1 of 10
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @greatgiftshampshire 

The Ads Team reviewed your account and they confirmed there was no issue with the offer. I can see you spoke to CS, the agent you spoke to should have been able to go into more detail on the charges and the credit you received.

You will need to reach back out to CS to review the new charges, I cant guarantee they will be able to issue a credit for them though. If for example the last credit was a courtesy they may not be able to issue another. 

Thanks,

Dave 

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 10
See Most Recent
9 REPLIES 9

Yeah I had same issue it takes around 48 hours to set up so I found that for 1st 2 days I ended up paying from my own funds for any clicks and the offer then kicked in....... I didnt get the 2 days of charges back though but yours been a week sounds more worrying. I would inclined to pause it until sorted

Message 2 of 10
See Most Recent

Took 3 attempts at seller support to get this sorted out, got all the fees returned in full and cancelled the promotion, everyone check your payments if you have taken up this offer to be safe, fees fees and more fees !

Message 3 of 10
See Most Recent

Hi @greatgiftshampshire 

I flagged this to the Ads Team as there are no open tech issues for this. I've asked them to review your account to find out what happened. 

Ill come back to you as soon as I have an update from them. 

Thanks,

Dave

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 4 of 10
See Most Recent

Hi Dave ,

thank you for your assistance, I spoke with one of your advisers earlier today who it seems managed to get these fees reversed from my account, I have again checked this evening and again further fees have been taken,

please can this be sorted out ! I can't keep having my small amounts of profit (after fees and postage) taken in this way,

not acceptable 

Message 5 of 10
See Most Recent

Thats so annoying  @greatgiftshampshire thanks for posting about this.  I  was thinking of taking up that offer as well. But i really can't do with the headache. I hope you get it sorted out soon.

Message 6 of 10
See Most Recent

I wouldn't advise anyone to take up this offer it's just another way of ebay taking our profit in anyway they can,

I have now taken down all offsite ads and any promotions, as sellers we don't get much left once fees, postage and product costs are taken out, it will seem from other posts that I have read this is just another of ebays greedy ways, 

it seems when you promote your product ebay get more in profits than we do, so what is the point ?? just making more work for yourself for a limited return, ebay need to start looking after us before we walk away, 

Message 7 of 10
See Most Recent

Hi @greatgiftshampshire 

The Ads Team reviewed your account and they confirmed there was no issue with the offer. I can see you spoke to CS, the agent you spoke to should have been able to go into more detail on the charges and the credit you received.

You will need to reach back out to CS to review the new charges, I cant guarantee they will be able to issue a credit for them though. If for example the last credit was a courtesy they may not be able to issue another. 

Thanks,

Dave 

eBay
Message 8 of 10
See Most Recent

I beg to differ, there was obvious issues, delays with the fees being credited in the first place, so I think a review will again be needed, all fees have been reversed in full, not a courtesy but because they should not of been charged in the first place ...

Message 9 of 10
See Most Recent

also Dave, I by accident marked this as a solution, 

there was obvious issues as much as ebay will say there wasn't , the fact that fees where being charged and not cretited subject to the offer in the first place, ... common sense says this

Message 10 of 10
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: