Fraudulant use of "Item not as described"

As a business seller, if someone opens an item not as described, it is automatically accepted by Ebay.  I am getting an increasing amount of cases.

The latest one, where they have purchased a Lego figure.  Chosen an INAD case, "stating too small".

If they had contacted me I would have accepted a return and a refund, but buyers are now using INAD so they don't have to pay to return the item.   Also there is no way for me to partial refund, minus the postage when it is clearly a false INAD.

All you can do is click on a button reporting that you think it is a wrong choice of return.  Then Ebay never get back to you, it doesn't open a case, it doesn't delay the return until they have looked at it.

It sucks.

Message 1 of 2
See Most Recent
1 REPLY 1

Fraudulant use of "Item not as described"

Misuse of the Moneyback Guarantee is treated extremely seriously by eBay, or at least it was in times past.

Have you actually measured this figure and compared the results to what is stated in your listing?

You shouldn't have to refund until you receive the return and that will be the time to report that the buyer is making false claims, provided, that is, that they aren't correct and the item does differ from your description.

Message 2 of 2
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: