Ended shop subscription on the 25th of last month but still got charged for this month

Could anyone please help explain why I've just been charged for another month's Shop subscription?

I closed my shop and removed all listings on the 25th (or 26th) and had the same notice at the end of last month, that I still have below:

"Your Basic Shop monthly subscription is expiring at the end of the month.

An eBay Shop can help you reach the right customers, manage orders, and build your brand. Your buyers can learn about you, browse your items through a customisable shopfront, and you can make savings on selling fees."

I assumed by cancelling at the end of last month, I wouldn't get charged again for this month!
Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

Ended shop subscription on the 25th of last month but still got charged for this month

papso22
Experienced Mentor

Are you sure the charge is an advance for February?  Had you already been charged for the time you had the shop?

You would owe a full 30 days for January even if you had it for less time than that.

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Because my shop is still showing as 'active' and i have the message below;

"Your Basic Shop monthly subscription is expiring at the end of the month.
An eBay Shop can help you reach the right customers, manage orders and build your brand. Your buyers can learn about you, browse your items through a customisable shopfront and you can make savings on selling fees."
Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

You didn't answer the questions, but if you got that message this month and given that shop subscriptions are for a minimum of one month I think that you might have to pay for February.

Contact eBay CS to check.

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

"Had you already been charged for the time you had the shop?"

The last charge was on the 17th of January for a new shop subscription for a new account.

I have just been charged again today 5th, so 2 payments for a months shop, that I requested to be closed on the 25th/26th of last month.

I also tried contacting eBay customer support but it just keeps sending me in a loop and says to ask here.

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: