EBAY SENDING OFFERS AUTOMATICALLY - AND DECIDING THE OFFER PRICE!

I presume this is the latest bright idea from the your boys and girls at Ebay HQ, but I happened to find a wee addition to the drop down box on the active listing page, the one that starts with 'all statuses', and came across what to me is a new addition (though please let me know if I'm just dense and have missed it for months or years), but I discovered I had 'with offers sending automatically (37)'.

This fresh hell means that ebay are sending offers automatically to my prospective buyers - and to boot 389 listings are affected on one account.  My first thought was that they must be picking up offers I have sent and are just repeating them - and they do seem to be doing this in some cases.  But others are all over the shop, 5% to over 20%!   I've never sent a 5% offer and I don't send 20% offers.   And removing the 'send offers' removes the offers option from the listing, but the 'offers sending automatically' is still ticked and showing the discounted prices.  So no way out - and the help pages send you to a page where they have forgotten to include this 'help'.

The ONE good idea I think eBay has done is the last 10 years and yet they need to ruin it!!  And I've worked out its going to take half a day to remove them all.

Just lately, the idea of listing my vintage stuff elsewhere is becoming more and more tempting, because its yet another eBay banana slide, already my 'send offers' page includes items that don't have the 'send offer' option, next step is just for ebay to auto send offers on everything - and they decide the discount - and what can we do to stop them?

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

Couple of threads on this, I had the same problem in August, managed to switch it off, but I do check every morning that it hasn't been reactivated!

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Business-Seller-Board/Make-an-offer-automation-things-I-ve-just-disc...

I have actually given up on offers, sent 80 this week, 3 accepted. 

Jo 

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

I dont make 5% to discount !

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

From where you found it hit the big search button adn it will bring up all your listings with this auto option on.

Now comes the gind, on each listing you need to do the following to turn it off

By the lsit with it turned on you will see view offer settings, click this on one listing, and a side bar should pop up on the right hand side of your laptop screen

scroll down on this pop up to see auto send offers on, and there is a small arrow pointing right, click this

Pop up changes and blue slide button is there to turn off the auto option, slide it so it is now grey and click done

Window changes again and click the blue button to update offer settings

pop up disappears, and click back on brlowser twice to get to the lsit and repeat with the next one.

Not found a quicker way as of yet, but it gets rid of the auto send offers on your listings

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

I was very angry to find that over the last year ebay had taken it upon themselves to make offers on my behalf without me ever knowing. I enjoy sometimes at my leisure sending offers to 'interested buyers' when I need to get things sold quicker. But I don't  want to necessarily send any offers on some items, just because I have decided to accept offers when creating a listing. 

And with no option to disable that when creating a listing why should I take the extra time to have to disable that on each listing?

Feels like we are stating something so obviously rude of Ebay to be ridiculous. 

The implications of how it can affect users marketing is varied but is irrelevant. Once my next batch of items are sold, I'm never coming back. I won't be made to feel powerless in what should be a respectful relationship between Ebay and its users. 

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: