Despatch, Snail Mail, No Show

I have noticed as of late tht a lot of items purchased fom Ebay either take eternity to arrive or do not show up at all, Something Ebay should look into if it isn't already.
I have just had another experience where I have been waiting for nearly two months for an item to arrive from an international seller namely in this case USA.
Looking at the sellers feedback i note has 231 Negatives in the last 12 months and a lot of customers left furious their items have never arrived.
Listen People fall ill or cannot sometimes make those postage times for what ever reason or the seller is deceased It happens.
In my case the seller did not provide any tracking what so ever, so deserves a Negative feedback for no show of goods, and further given his or her Feedback ratings should be kicked off Ebay as not a genuine seller.. No Show Of Goods In Most Cases.
If ya act like a clown don't be suprised when you get treated like one.

Also Royal Snail Mail are in someways to blame for this as well like for instance awaiting a confirmation letter to confirm my electrician is visiting me, So the electrician visits only just by chance I was In,
NO CONFIRMATION RECEIVED!
I was assured confirmation was sent, confirmation arrived five days LATE after the electrician's visit.
so either the postman is holding onto mail or has delivered it to the wrong address.
"How does that happen when the postcode/zipcode is as clear as day on the item?

As to Ebay I believe that there are sellers on Ebay who do not have the goods they are advertising, Its just about getting your money and if they have say over a thousand customers just imagine it!

It takes ages before you can safely assume no goods have turned up and return for a refund.
Of course your money doesn't stay with the seller he or she are just holding it for the time being..
While 100 people are buying, 100 people are being refunded but how many people don't bother for a refund?

Just lately I have noticed  that buying anything from ebay is pretty slow when receiving goods.
Or they just never arrive.
Lucky for me as for goods not arriving thit is rare, just usually painfully slow.
Amazon Its ordered It's there!..
Just be aware people that there are still bogus sellers out there.
International sellers I will always now ask for tracking Info where I can see the item has been posted.
Thank you to all the other honest and awesome Ebay sellers that despatch at lightning speeds and who actually have and do send your purchased items.

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

Was there a question or point to your post? Or were you just having a good old moan. Both are fine, just want to know where we stand. 

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

You make many valid points ......... however as a buyer you have to take some responsibility.

Always check the feedback before making your purchase.  Would you have purchased if you had seen the 231 negative feedbacks before buying?  A couple of tips on feedback - always click on the 'see all feedback' button.  Click on feedback as a seller.  Ignore the 'most relevant' default setting (most is irrelevant); click on the drop-down and click 'most recent'.  As you know the chart at the top of the page also gives you a good overview of the seller.   Finally check out the seller's country of registration - you may think you are purchasing from a British seller - often you are not.

Now you are in a much better position to make a judgement call on whether to purchase or not.

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

If you're believing what ebay tells you about when your item will be delivered, then you're bound to be disappointed.

That's because "It's working as designed"  and the 'design' includes wildly over optimistic delivery dates, many of which are impossible to achieve without a time travel machine.

For a year or more ebay has been telling my buyers to expect next day delivery when, if they read MY terms and conditions, they will see that I say 2 days handling plus RM 2-3 day delivery, that equals about 5 days.  Which in my book isn't exactly "an eternity" and quite reasonable for a cost of £3.49.

Until ebay either buys a fleet of trucks or stops telling buyers porkies I'd recommend you always read what the seller quotes for delivery.  It will (mostly) be far more accurate than ebays Fantasy Delivery Dates.

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

You are very unlucky.  I have been on ebay for [1 think] 18 years and during that time have had only one item which did not arrive within ebay's predicted timescale. 

That item was sent by a seller who thought Post Free meant that he did not have to stick stamps on!  RM disagreed!

The simple answer though is that on the day after the predicted last day for delivery you open a "non receipt" case and escalate after 3 full days.  Every time from every country.  No contact with seller. 

This will draw all this to eBay's attention.  Tracking is for the seller's benefit.  If you open a INR case and they cannot show delivery or attempted delivery then they lose the case

It may be that as I think you imply some sellers are working a scam and relying on buyers paying and not claiming refunds.  A INR every single time stops that.  @tiabritespecialeffects 

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: