Delays due to adverse weather conditions

I have seen a spike in item not received cases against me and my late delivery defects have soared due to 

Due to extreme weather this was out of my control, heavy snowfall in Northern Ireland where I'm based and rest of UK followed by Storm Isha and Storm Jocelyn have caused a lot of disruption to the postal service, all my items where dispatched on time but the adverse weather conditions has caused a lot of delays. I have seen a spike in item not received cases and seen my late delivery rate climb drastically,

I am not at fault for this and there should be seller protection in place for events like this but there isn't and the outcome of cases is not consistent, 2 cases today from same buyer one got extended to allow extra time for delivery other got closed against me meaning a defect. This is not fair in any way. 

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

Could try moving away from same day/next day dispatch. I always used to see mine increase this time of year so moved to a 10 day dispatch. I get 1-2 a month now. This time of the year we have just had black friday and Christmas as well as boxing day sales, throw in bad weather and it's a race against time to get them delivered

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

Unfortunatly 10 day dispatch really isnt an option when dealling with high volume, i ship over 150 orders per day, and have to match my competitors for delivery estimates or ppl will simple go elsewhere, Protections should be in place for severe weather disruption.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent