Buyer left negative feedback before due dispatch date!

As stated  above had a buyer leave a negative feedback before the due dispatch date (which was today). Ebay policy is they cant leave neg feedback for after 7 days after purchase. Negative feedback comment itself was also completely random and made no sense at all. Called ebay representative asking how this has been able to happen and they said we are looking into it! Shocking.

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

I'll take it their order is still live?!

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

Yes. Representative said I would still have to dispatch today when I said I wasnt too chuffed the buyer has been able to leave neg feedback before due dispatch!

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

The 7 day rule only applies if you're a top rated seller. I don't see this on your profile.

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

I didnt realise this was the case. Anyway its been confirmed they left feedback for the wrong order they had placed with someone else. Thought strange as the order was only due for dispatch today. Ebay didnt want to know.

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

You can send a feedback revision request to the buyer.

You shouldn't have to do this - or rely on the buyer's goodwill and efficiency in rectifying their mistake - but it sounds as if you've exhausted your options with CS.

Cesario, the Count's gentleman
Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

I regularly suggest this, but I don't know if they could help further in this case, but you could ask @askebay over on Twitter/X and see if they can do anything about the feedback if the customer won't amend it!

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: