Advantages of an ebay shop?

Does an ebay shop help with item visibility ?

What are the advantages of having a shop?

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

No, it makes no difference to visibility. There are no real advantages other than getting a shop front and custom categories but tbh, other than the ability to add a banner, it doesn't look that different to a seller profile page without a shop. Featured and anchor shop levels get a monthly packaging voucher but the available items are limited and overpriced so it's worth very little.

It's really just a numbers game, working out whether you'd save money for the amount of listings you have each month if you had a shop. Basic shops get 250 monthly BINs and 100 7-day auctions included in the price. If you're not VAT registered, the break even point if you don't use the auctions is 90 BIN listings a month.

All the details of the different shop packages to compare are here: Fees for business sellers | eBay.

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

There are a couple more things that I find useful - terrapeak sourcing insights for checking market size and whats been selling of different product types, the seller hub promotional tools like newsletter I think are only available with a shop subscription.  Depending on your product type and number of repeat customers, this is great for building a bit of a customer base and being able to send out newsletters, coupons, offers to that already interested type of customer.  Some of the features I've historically used are the free international listing but I can't work that one out anymore and European sales booster but again I'm not currently using that.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: