*The Nags head healthy eating group*

clare*king

This is not a *slimming club* really.

I think it would be nice to have a place to come & chat about weight loss ideas (safe sensible ones only please!),
to share personal experiences and achievements, and also to ask for help.

Lindi is our resident expert, and has kindly offered her help.
Just introduce yourself and come on in, you are most welcome!

Clare xx
Message 1 of 1,173
See Most Recent
1,172 REPLIES 1,172

lindiloo0_0
Well hi clare

Ok I work full time for weight watchers

I lost 7and half stone 7 years ago and since then have managed to keep it off with the odd hiccup

I hate the word diet and like the healthy eating option
Losing weight is a lifetime change

i will keep popping back to thread

love lindi

Message 2 of 1,173
See Most Recent

lindiloo0_0
You could always creep to henry or alexia and ask could they fix it to top for you

no harm in asking claire

Message 3 of 1,173
See Most Recent

clare*king
Aww hi lindi! You are an angel!

Ok, about me:

I'm 32, and for the past 4 years have been roughly 2 1/2 stone overweight!

I put it down to being home with the kids 24/7, i home - educate them you see.
Also my big sister moved to London 4 years ago and i think i started grieving. Our mum died in 1995, and she was a kind of surrogate! I know it sounds sad as i'm 32 now, but it was quite profound.

So, i'm really looking forward to sharing good ideas and stories with you all!

Clare xx
Message 4 of 1,173
See Most Recent

golfwidowgolf
hello, this is something I wrote in another thread,

I have a *thing* about weight, was border line eating disorder 3 years ago, I lost so much weight you could see my ribs and hips, and coller bones,

hubbie gave me a long chat 'the one where he talks and you listen'

I was eating one bread bun with a slice of ham in it, all day, every time he came home (works away) I was thinner,
but now I eat better, brekkie lunch evening meal, and the odd donut or two lol

all I would say to anyone, doing a diet do it properly, eat well and healthy. dont fall into the trap I did

just thought if I shre this, it might help others,
dont think you are in control when you get down to the level I was in, its in control of you
Message 5 of 1,173
See Most Recent

golfwidowgolf
eating a ham and cheese buttie :O)
Message 6 of 1,173
See Most Recent

golfwidowgolf
if you eat 16 mars bars you will gain a pound, I heard that on the radio the other day 16!! one is enough and I feel full, but all chocy heaven happy
Message 7 of 1,173
See Most Recent

clare*king
Well if I ate 16 mars bars, i'd gain more than that!! My metabolism is SO SLOW at the moment!

Clare xx
Message 8 of 1,173
See Most Recent

biddy639
This sounds like a great idea. I have always been abit over-weight but since my mobility is getting less and less due to my M.S.it sot up last year. I was probably comfort nibbling as well! I'm only 5FT TALL so it does take much for me to look very round indeed. Just over afortnight ago I decided this was it -so all I've cut out is the sweets and choco argh!!!!!everything that makes me happy but then about a week ago I found the Nags Head and its kept me out of mischief and Iseem to have found a few like minded souls SO COUNT ME IN ON THIS ONE!
Message 9 of 1,173
See Most Recent

golfwidowgolf
awww good luck biddy

wish you well :O)
Message 10 of 1,173
See Most Recent

biddy639
P.S. SEEMS TO BE WORKING I' VE LOST ABOUT 9 POUNDS SO FAR HAVE TO PUT THAT ON MY BOASTING BOARD!
Message 11 of 1,173
See Most Recent

clare*king
Lovely to have you here Biddy!

I'm just 5ft too, and i know exactly what you mean- every LB shows up mercilessly doesn't it.

And its hard shopping for clothes when you are Petite but overweight, do you find?

Clare xx
Message 12 of 1,173
See Most Recent

itsmecirry
I'm 5ft 3. Very round indeed!
I was a size 18 when I got married in 1997 and now I have 2 kids and I was a size 20-22 when I got pregnant again!
Baby 3 is due in July, I'm hoping that as I'll have my eldest at school which is down a large hill from our house I'll loose my weight. I'll be breastfeeding and walking down and then up the hill with a double buggy. I was thinking if I could cut back on the old choccie (my downfall!) and not finish up the kids leftovers then the weight might just drop off naturally.
Whaddya reckon? Am I kidding myself?
Don't you find its easier to eat junk food as its cheaoer?
Message 13 of 1,173
See Most Recent

flopity
This will really wind lindiloo up but I am a very stong advocate of the Atkins Diet. I only eat natural foods, quickly cooked and virtually nothing I eat has seen the inside of a factory.

Combined with a reasonable exercise regime, I lost 2.5 stone.

I consider it healthy because after I stopped eating refined products I no longer suffer from blood sugar drops during the day, I never get heartburn/indigestion, wind, and my skin has improved tremendously.

If I eat bread now, I feel horribly bloated and an hour later I'll be fast asleep.

Instead of things such as pasta and rice I simply eat more vegetables.

I avoid caffeine and artificial sweetners (as well as sugar naturally).

Tonight's supper is a sirloin steak from our local butchers, with salad.
Message 14 of 1,173
See Most Recent

lindiloo0_0
Hi biddy , don't cut out all the nice things allow your self a treat a day . You will find then that it will come off , if you have a day where you don't feel well , if the ms flares up , then go with your feelings. A instant sugar burst can be had from a meringue and far fewer calories than chocolate .

12 If you are pregnant then just by eating sensible you should not put much weight on . It isnt recommend that you diet whilst pregnant , plenty of time afterwards.
You can eat a whole days allowance just by finishing the kids teas . And junk food allow tasty has not got much nutrional value in it and gives you a feel good factor for a short while , and then you need more

flopity lol not going to argue on it as I hate it with a vengance, But in a nutshell eating too much meat and cheese all the time is not going to do you any good in the long term.
A sensible eating plan with a balanced diet will be better in the long term and also a lot more pleasant to do , as it will fit in with your lifestyle .
I am glad you have lost the weight and thats good , but i have more atkins members in my classes lately than i ever had
And they all say the same thing , i couldnt keep on it it wasnt normal
Message 15 of 1,173
See Most Recent

mslees
I think basically if you want to lose weight you need more calories going out than coming in. Walk more, do gentle exercise, substitute low fat low sugar low calorie things for your regular stuff. Baked potato instead of chips, apple instead of crisps kind of thing. No absent minded nibbling.
Message 16 of 1,173
See Most Recent

lindiloo0_0
15# want a job 🐵
Message 17 of 1,173
See Most Recent

punchandmoody
God I need this, how the heck do you deal with 'feeders'?

My hubby is always bringing home goodies to eat nags me when he does the shopping, rings me up and says I am at the ice cream what do you want etc? He is average weight etc and since I have been with him I put on 6 stone, a combination of the depo injection, a car accident so had to cut out the gym and post natal depression.

After every baby I am lighter 2 weeks later than before I was pregnant due to breastfeeding, but then at 4mths I get PND and pile it and more on! grrrrrrr

I have told hubby that I am so unhappy with my weight and so unhappy he discourages me by briging food home (although he is all for me losing it or so he says) that to me it is make or break point. To be honest at times I rather be on my own and happy with myself and healthy.

I have hassle from my dad who hounds me every phone call every time we meet and in front of other family members and friends etc about my weight, even at my babies christening!

food is my comfort I will admit...

MY name is helen and I am a chocoholic hehe!!

save meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Message 18 of 1,173
See Most Recent

flopity
Lindi

I can't see what is so controversial about it. All I do is eat exactly the same as I did before, only I replace the pasta, rice and potatoes with green and red vegetables.

We eat far more vegetables than before.

What really annoys me is to see products on the shelf such as Frys Turkish Delight advertising themselves as 97% fat free.
Message 19 of 1,173
See Most Recent

stefanie_dawn
Hi Everyone!

Firstly, Clare, what an excellent idea! I think all of us need a little healthy eating - some more than others, i.e. me!
About me: I am 23, 173cm tall, and have been about 10kg (sorry - only do metric) overweight for the past 3 yrs (it all started when i went to uni and started drinking! oh dear!)
I have tried Weight Watchers, eDiets, and just generally cutting down, but my problem is my complete and total lack of willpower, compounded with a lovely boyfriend who tells me he loves me just the way i am, and buys me a packet of maltesers! ;o)
Any hints or tips would be greatly appreciated, and looking forward to chatting with you all!!

xxxx Stef.
Message 20 of 1,173
See Most Recent