*The Nags head healthy eating group*

clare*king

This is not a *slimming club* really.

I think it would be nice to have a place to come & chat about weight loss ideas (safe sensible ones only please!),
to share personal experiences and achievements, and also to ask for help.

Lindi is our resident expert, and has kindly offered her help.
Just introduce yourself and come on in, you are most welcome!

Clare xx
Message 1 of 1,173
See Most Recent
1,172 REPLIES 1,172

stefanie_dawn
Oh yes, and i forgot to add, I JUST LOVE FOOD!!
Save me........
Message 21 of 1,173
See Most Recent

golfwidowgolf
itsmecirry good luck, all that walking will do you the power of good, that 2 trips 5 days a week!!!
try not to eat the kids stuff, pop it in the bin, or give it to the dog.

punchandmoody, ggod luck too, and tell that hubbie NO THANK YOU, you need incouragement, a nice basket of friut would be nicer lol
Message 22 of 1,173
See Most Recent

andykay448
Count me in on joining inhere!

Just got the great news that i can stop taking some nasty steroid type things.

medics rekon that half weight gain due to these and other half just me eating through being depressed.

so i am going for it big time as from this week.

have chucked everything naughty out and am fighting the temptations really hard.

So would gladly join in with any support, tips etc I can get.

great idea.
with first grandchild about to appear in 8 weeks I am determined not to be a pudgy grandma.
Thought i would aim for 2 pounds off a week.
Only problem is i cant do much exercise due to other health problems.
but have bike and trampoline and am allowed to use those.
am off to set them up now.

thanks for the idea , just the push I need.
with you lot nagging me, how can i loose.

perhaps i could come on once a week and name and hopefully not shame myself with my results.?

wendy
Message 23 of 1,173
See Most Recent

jocelynw2560
Count me in, I've 2 stone to lose at least!!

Doing Weight Watchers online which is quite good as you don't have to go to classes to be weighed.

Have lost 5lbs in last 2 weeks, would be happy with a steady loss like that, the hard bit is keeping it up!!

Jocelyn

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Message 24 of 1,173
See Most Recent

I am quite a healthy eater *scratches head and thinks* Plenty of fruit & veg, fish, chicken and pasta but did start to put a little weight on recently.

I have now cut out excess tea and coffee plus no longer eating crisps and have started drinking water instead I was very surprised at the results having lost about 6lb in two weeks.

Keeping everyone happy on Q & A is as easy as shoving dog do do up a steep hill with a red hot poker.

Photobucket
Message 25 of 1,173
See Most Recent

golfwidowgolf
have a coffee if you feel the need to nibble,

opsss dont wanna share bad habits, but i think thats a good tip
Message 26 of 1,173
See Most Recent

andykay448
I have fibromyalgia and trouble is I get so exhausted that i stagger into kitchen and just grab what i can.
sandwich etc,

any tips anyone can throw my way will be gladly taken

wendy
Message 27 of 1,173
See Most Recent

Hi Wendy

Have you tried chopping up some carrotts & celery and keeping them in a bag in the fridge.

You can eat them like sweeties - not the same thing I know but they are handy and better than grabbing something you possibly dont need ??

Keeping everyone happy on Q & A is as easy as shoving dog do do up a steep hill with a red hot poker.

Photobucket
Message 28 of 1,173
See Most Recent

andykay448
Am starting that sort of thing now.
re carrots etc.

Thing is. you have to sort out all your depression type things in my point of view, before you go fot his sort of thing.

thats what i have been trying to do recently.
No good trying this kind of thing if you are really down.

determined to get off all drugs and painkillers and feel good about myself again.

want that grandkid of mine to like me soooo much.

wendy
Message 29 of 1,173
See Most Recent

gswtk
Help...I need to lose about 16lb in a week!!!!!!! Arghhh!

Seriously though....I had a baby 4 months ago & I go back to work(part-time) a week on Monday & I've got no clothes!

I have got a wardrobe full of nice trousers & jackets & I can't even do the zips up & I can't exactly go back to work in joggers...he he!

I didn't have a very good pregnancy & only had about 2 hours sleep each day. Although little one is now 4 months old, I still only sleep for about 3 hours (from 4am to 7am) & she sleeps for 20 hours a day!!!!!

Everyone in my house is in bed by 9pm so its just me & my puter...oh & the fridge! lol.

After everyones in bed I drink gallons of tea, smoke, & eat for England (out of boredom I think).

My body clock is all the place & I don't eat all day until I have dinner at 5pm & then its all downhill from there. The other night was particularly bad & I ate the following (& this is not a joke, its true):-

1 pack of Uncle Ben's Egg Fried Rice
1/3 of a French Stick with 'real' butter & cheese spread
1 pack of crisps
1 Mint Aero
1 pack of Scampie Fries
1 Twix
1 Kit Kat
2 Devon Sones with 'real' butter
1 Mint Viscount
2 Slice of thick toast with 'real' butter
2 Tunnocks Tea Cakes
1 pack of Cadburys choccy buttons
1 Cadburys Fudge
1 Cadburys Chomp bar
2 Rivita with 'real' butter & cheese
2 Crispbreads with 'real' butter & cheese
2 Mugs of hot chocolate

!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thats just what I can remember!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I should be counting myself lucky that I only need to lose 16lb..........HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP
Message 30 of 1,173
See Most Recent

andykay448
rats, spelling wendy, spelling!

wendy
Message 31 of 1,173
See Most Recent

gswtk

I forget to say that I can't eat fruit, veg or salad.....if I do I spend the next few hours over the toilet being sick!
Message 32 of 1,173
See Most Recent

golfwidowgolf
OMG!!!
firstly start eating brekkie lunch and dinner!!!
get that baby to see day and night differently ( no fuss or attention after 8pm, my son was like that it took 2 weeks to turn him around.

and chuck all the rubbish out and buy healthy

good luck
Message 33 of 1,173
See Most Recent

Hi everyone

I have one piece of advice, that I think EVERYONE should know. Avoid artificial sweeteners (aspartame, canderal, hermasetas, E951) at all costs! Apart from being absolutely terrible for your body (do a bit of internet research if you like, to see what I mean) they actually make you fatter! This is because they make you crave carbs. I have completely banned them from my house. And anyway, one sugar in your tea is only 16 calories.

I'm thinking of having a colon cleansing - anyone out there had that done?

Kerry
Message 34 of 1,173
See Most Recent

golfwidowgolf
yuk, tell me about the sweetners please?

I use them
Message 35 of 1,173
See Most Recent

gswtk
Hi Golf

Its not little ones fault, she's a brill sleeper.....

10am wakes for bottle
11am goes back to bed
1pm wakes for bottle
2pm goes back to bed
4pm wakes for bottle
6pm has last feed & goes back to bed until next day

She only stays awake for about 4 hours a day...so I should be getting lots of sleep. Its just I got so used to not sleeping when I was pregnant that I don't seem to be able to go to sleep anymore. If I could sleep then I wouldn't be scoffing like I am because the time I eat is the time most peeps are in bed.

As for brekky, I can't face food in the morning & then I seem to be so busy during the day that I forget to have lunch.

I just need a miracle...he he

Message 36 of 1,173
See Most Recent

lindiloo0_0
33 is right in a way about sweeteners , they contain aspartame and it isnt good for you in large doses.

that is why fresh is always better with a convenicence food as back up now and again .

stop taking sugar in tea and coffee it gets easier

29# You really have to try and eat a lot healthier , then you will feel better and sleep better , start like golf said with a light brekkie and lunch , in the morning make yourself a tuck box up . Put in a few treats and loads of carrots etc to munch on through the evening .
A good tip is to freeze some grapes , they are like boiled sweets and take a lot longer to eat as you have to suck them first .

Message 37 of 1,173
See Most Recent

golfwidowgolf
ohh dear, I long bath maybe, or going out to the gym or water arobics?
this will tire you out, plus if you are eating all that food you will be bursting with energy to sleep :O(
Message 38 of 1,173
See Most Recent

childminder0
Hi
I joined slimming world and this is my 3rd week, so far i have lost 5.5lbs, i am finding it really easy to follow.

I have not eaten so much before, but as it is working i will keep going 3.5 st to go

June
Message 39 of 1,173
See Most Recent

flopity
Sweetners:-

I avoid aspartame and saccherine. However, sucralose is fine (sold as Splenda). Even tastes close to sugar as they make it from sugar.
Message 40 of 1,173
See Most Recent