*The Nags head healthy eating group*

clare*king

This is not a *slimming club* really.

I think it would be nice to have a place to come & chat about weight loss ideas (safe sensible ones only please!),
to share personal experiences and achievements, and also to ask for help.

Lindi is our resident expert, and has kindly offered her help.
Just introduce yourself and come on in, you are most welcome!

Clare xx
Message 1 of 1,173
See Most Recent
1,172 REPLIES 1,172

lindiloo0_0
hi 38 well done on weight loss so far

not knocking slimming world , just i have tried them all and couldnt get my head around that one
Message 41 of 1,173
See Most Recent

Hi GolfWidow

Well there's really a huge amount of info about it on the web but just to give you a taster.

Artificial sweeteners produce chemical reactions in your body causing various symptoms (they actually recognise aspartame disease in america now) even death. Think I'm joking? Go to www.dorway.com and read stuff that will turn you around from that Diet Coke!

Kerry
Message 42 of 1,173
See Most Recent

golfwidowgolf
ohhh dear....
Message 43 of 1,173
See Most Recent

andykay448
#41.

Oh wow!
i drink a lot of caffeine free diet coke!

well when i say a lot i buy around 3-4 large bottles a week.

and i use around 4 sweetners a day in tea. drink caffeine free tea and dont drink coffee.

Oh pooh. I love dit coke.

wendy
Message 44 of 1,173
See Most Recent

#39 FLOPITY

Re Splenda. Please look at this site

www.mercola.com/2003/aug/23/splenda.htm

It's obviously up to you what you put in your body, but I just want to give you the information so you can make your mind up.
Message 45 of 1,173
See Most Recent

itsmecirry
Thanks for all the advise.
I'm not dieting when pregnant, never do, I just did the same as everyone else, lost weight when breastfeeding and then put it back on. I'm hoping not to this time.

Can someone tell me about the weightwtchers online thingy? Sounds like me as I can't drive (yet!) and don't fancy the meetings (for after the baby is born of course!). Cheers.

I just had bubble and squeak which I thought was healthy for me, couldn't get the kids to touch it though! How can they tell veg even if its disguised??? hehe!

I had post natal depression too, but beat it, I know its hard. Friends and support helps. Try chamomile tea to help you sleep and no caffiene after 7pm. My Mom always says "The more sleep you have the more you want" and I think she's right. I use a pillow spray and temple balm to help me drift off and also I had a lavender and wheat bag that you microwave and put around your shoulders, those are great! Very soothing!
Message 46 of 1,173
See Most Recent

lindiloo0_0
45 if you type weight watchers in search it wil bring you up the web page , there is a online ww called escourse and its brill

if you where a gold member before you got pregnant then you get 6 months free after baby
Message 47 of 1,173
See Most Recent

itsmecirry
#46 Thanks
No never done anything about my weight before. Just fed up of being the fattest Mom at the school gates!
Message 48 of 1,173
See Most Recent

lindiloo0_0
Just start eating sensible 47# on that site you will see some sample days , pick out what suits you the best

Message 49 of 1,173
See Most Recent

clare*king
Wow!

I've been away for a few hours and theres loads of new faces, thats GREAT, well done!!!

I just want to say hello and welcome to you all.

'gswtk', i read your post about your eating and think you are SO brave to admit to eating like that. We have all done it at one time or another, don't be ashamed because that just leads to low self esteem.
Instead, when you have a bad day tell yourself that you just had a glitch and its not the end of the world.
Then from that moment just start back on track again.

I know how hard evenings can be, especially when the kids are in bed. Thats when you can use this board for some chat, a lot of encouragement, and a lot of giggles too 😉 And have your bowl of carrots, and a BIG glass of water to sip.

Flopity, i tried the Atkins diet and lost about a stone really quick, but this is no joke i put the whole stone back on again in one week. I have never put on weight so fast in my life!!
I found that eating so much meat made me really depressed!!
But if it works for you and you're being balanced then good on you.

I did a lot of trampolining today in my living room!
And will keep posting here about my progress.
At the moment i'm getting tired far too quickly, so i'm looking forward to getting fit!!LOL

Clare xx

Message 50 of 1,173
See Most Recent

clare*king
NEWSFLASH>>>>>>>>>>

I just joined weightwatchers online, i had to weigh myself, and i'm really depressed now!!!

But i'm going to give it my best shot.
Clare xx
Message 51 of 1,173
See Most Recent

lindiloo0_0
claire if you email me i wil give you my private email which i see all the time

Message 52 of 1,173
See Most Recent

I have just read this thread and also found this really encouraging as I to have about 2.5 stone to lose.

I just thought that I would pass on a tip of mine.
When clearing the plates take a bottle of fairy liquid with you to the table and squirt it all over the leftovers on the plates then you are not tempted to eat anything.

I have 3 children and ALWAYS tuck into there leftovers and I have found that this does the trick for me.

Good Luck everyone!!
Message 53 of 1,173
See Most Recent

golfwidowgolf
good luck clare :O)
Message 54 of 1,173
See Most Recent

lindiloo0_0
see clare with everyones support you can do it 🐵
Message 55 of 1,173
See Most Recent

🐵
Message 56 of 1,173
See Most Recent

stefanie_dawn
Ouch, just went to have a look at weight watchers online, it's not cheap is it?! Will need to start saving i think!
Message 57 of 1,173
See Most Recent

lindiloo0_0
Think its £15 for 3 months but there is a trial of it for free

stil cheaper than a class 🐵
Message 58 of 1,173
See Most Recent

clare*king
Hi Stefanie,
No its not cheap, but there is a free trial, and after that an initial charge and then it seems to settle down to £9.95 per month, which is less than the class fees.

I'm trialing it for a week.

I really like it so far, it seems to have everything you might need, and a nice weight loss tracker which will be encouraging 🙂
It also has a bit where you can put in what you have eaten so far, and it will count up the points you've used, and saves the points you want to bank.

Clare xx

Message 59 of 1,173
See Most Recent

I use weight watchers online. I pay just under £25 every three months. I keep it going continually because my weight goes up and down. Part medication, part comfort-eating through depression, part fluid retention, part lack of exercise through severe arthritis. Oh, and I've gained weight since I started an early 'change' and cannot take HRT. I'm back on it now and have lost 3lb but have quite a long way to go. I want to lose another 21lb.
Message 60 of 1,173
See Most Recent