Vehicle Mileage Filters. Where are they?

E Bay.

Put The Mileage Filters Back in Place. 😠😡  

Message 1 of 34
See Most Recent
33 REPLIES 33

Hi @ido602 ,

Can you provide an example of what has changed regarding the mileage filter and when you noticed this change and I will follow up with the relevant department.

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support
Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.

eBay
Message 2 of 34
See Most Recent

Thankyou, I will send full details over the weekend.

Regards, Ian

Message 3 of 34
See Most Recent

Excuse me for jumping in on this thread but I've just been having a search through here  for this issue and seen this post, which seems to have gone cold.

For years I've been able to select mileage bands (e.g up to 10,000 / 10k - 25k / 25k - 50k) and over the past few weeks this filter has been cut to just 2 options, less than 10,000 & Not specified.

This leaves a huge range of mileages in selectable and as a result I have to scroll passed loads of listings that are of no interest to find cars that suit me.

I think this only changed a few weeks back so hopefully can be returned to how it was without mich delay.

Message 4 of 34
See Most Recent

kat@ebay 

dave@ebay 

katie@ebay 

Morning all,

Is there any chance this issue can be resolved please?

You have filters for all sorts of information but I'd suggest a vehicle's age & mileage are the 2 key factors.

Thanks,

Martin

Message 5 of 34
See Most Recent

Hi @bassetlawautomotive 

I don't have an update on this one yet, its currently under review with the site team. Ive requested an update and as soon as they come back to me I'll post an update here. 

Thanks,

Dave.

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 6 of 34
See Most Recent

This bug basically makes ebay motors unusable for me!

Message 7 of 34
See Most Recent

The lack of filters makes the site a waste of time.

Message 8 of 34
See Most Recent

Need to e mail the e bay larger business sellers and let them know whats going on. Tell them its impossible to view their cars for sale due to the lack of search filters. E Bay will need to listen if they are threatened with the loss of major accounts. I'm sure they will have access to e bay technical teams. I have tried and can only get access to their outsourced customer service team. Who know little about anything. 

Message 9 of 34
See Most Recent

Completely agree. Such a shame as I have enjoyed buying and selling for many years and preferred e bay over Autotrader, Gumtree and the likes. Have recently started advertising with them again. They must be laughing up their sleeves at the state e bay motors is in.

Message 10 of 34
See Most Recent

Hi, Dave.

It was good to see that you had followed up on this one. Thought as an ex-employee you might get somewhere. Alas, no. Guess there is little hope for me getting a response if you are unable. Have been buying and selling cars on e bay for many years. Little point of trying to find cars as there are no mileage filters and I have lost the will to even open e bay's web site anymore. I can go to other selleing platforms that make buying and selling simple. I have tried advertising some very low miles cars over the past few months with limited success. Having to relist multiple times and finding the views have dropped on my cars by as much as 70-80%. No point in advertising if the buyers cant see my listing. No point in browsing for the same reason. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before the larger dealerships realise what is going on. I am a retired general sales manager for a multifranchise dealer group. One thing for sure, my cars need to be advertised where they can be seen. Vehicle mileage, age, number of owners, mot status filters are needed. I notice Gumtree who is no longer a partner with e bay offers all of the above and more. Sad that you havent been able to update on this.

Regards, ian 

Message 11 of 34
See Most Recent

Unfortunately, they have people in their technical department who lack the ability to communicate with their customers. Or just refuse to.  

Message 12 of 34
See Most Recent

What's happening with this, still no filter for mileage, why not change it back? such an easy fix.

Message 13 of 34
See Most Recent

When are eBay going to fix this? Your vehicle Listings are useless without it.

Why have you removed the vehicle mileage filters??!!!

Message 14 of 34
See Most Recent

Hello all,

Dave is currently pursuing another role in eBay, so I'll take this over.

I have reached out to the team and asked for an update. Once I get a response from them, I'll share the update here.

Thanks,

Anita

Message 15 of 34
See Most Recent

Start of another week and still unable to source mileage specific cars. And no communication from you, as per your last message. Have you an update?

Ian 

Message 16 of 34
See Most Recent

I have an old clapped out racing pidgeon if e bay is looking to speed up communications. Just saying.... 

Message 17 of 34
See Most Recent

Please can you atleast post an update? It seems that every single e bay member of staff is unable to communicate. Please...

Message 18 of 34
See Most Recent

Hi @ido602I reached out to the team last week, but haven't received any update yet. Once I get an update, I will share it here.

Thanks,

Anita

Message 19 of 34
See Most Recent

Another week and nothing.

Message 20 of 34
See Most Recent
Got motors related questions? Start here: