Vehicle Mileage Filters. Where are they?

E Bay.

Put The Mileage Filters Back in Place. 😠😡  

Message 1 of 34
See Most Recent
33 REPLIES 33

There are currently 210,000 cars for sale on e bay. There are an estimated 10,000 cars for sale with less that 10,000 miles. Or 4.76% of the total cars for sale. E Bay offers a filter for buyers to source these cars and for sellers to enhance the chances that their cars for sale will be seen. There is also a further 7,046 cars for sale with no mileages listed at all. Or 3.35% of the total cars for sale. E Bay also rewards these sellers who are intentially manipulating the system to enhance viewings, by offering a mileage filter. An estimated 17,046 or 8.1% of buyers are offered this feature while 192,954 customers are not. Thats almost 92% of e bay car sellers and buyers do not have access to these filters. 

Is this fair, E Bay?

Message 21 of 34
See Most Recent

Any update on this lack of mileage filter yet?   Seems like a bit of a basic search filter to have.

Message 22 of 34
See Most Recent

No updates, I have e mailed both the GM for UK and a guy thats head of customer support. Wont name either as E Bay would probably block the message. They are very good at that.  I have read reciepts but no communication. Not surprised at all. Am going to e mail them again tomorrow as that will be a week. Its beyomd me why they wont put them back as you said. It is a basic search filter. but an imporytant one. 

Message 23 of 34
See Most Recent

Still no update? Yes I am still asking. Its beyond me why you are unable to communicate in reasonable time. You will probably read this and the block from asking. Please deal with this and do right by your members.

Message 24 of 34
See Most Recent

the mileage filters are gone  just gone , the only option is under 10k which does not work , if you want a car say under 40k miles you haver to lok through ALL the cars on ebay , for example an audi a6 estate  there is no way to filter mileage and lowset miles filter does not even work  so your stuck looking through 4 000 vehicles one by one its rediculous 

Message 25 of 34
See Most Recent

It's ridiculous, they have driven customers away through sheer incompetence. One day someone at eBay will realise and there will be some ass kicking to take place.

Message 26 of 34
See Most Recent

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PUT THE MILEAGE FILTERS BACK IN AND STOP ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS , WHAT HAS CHANGED IS THAT THERE ARE NO MILEAGE FILTERS WHEN YOU TRY TO BUY A VAN !!!! you have to look through 2,000 adds to fins a van say under 30,000 miles how hard can it be and why are you procrastinating  is this a con or some crooked way to make people look through all the adds to sellers get feedback saying the thing for sale was viewed more than it was supposed to be ????? if you cant fix this one simple thing then *bleep* make it compulsory to list the mileage in the heading AND MAKE LOWEST MILES FILTER WORK !!!!  ebay 10 years ago was bettyer than it is today  honestly cant wait till your replaced at this point , three years looking for a van on ebay and no luck because it takes 8 hours a day to filter out the rubish !!! 

Message 27 of 34
See Most Recent

Have been trying since May last year. Seems e bay’s answer to anyone who has a real issue is to ban them from their site. And blocking all avenues of communication. I even wrote to their General Manager and head of customer care. Nothing back. They do say that a fish rots from the head. Seems e bay is a perfect example of this. Best to forget them. There are better platforms for buying and selling cars. And they do offer mileage filters. E Bay sucks.
Message 28 of 34
See Most Recent

we should start a petition on the you tube facebook page , wont help

Message 29 of 34
See Most Recent

Hi All,

This one was escalated to the Motors Team to be reviewed but as of yet there's no update. These types of reviews are usually queued depending on a number of factors so its possible there are other tasks that need to be actioned first.  

We requested an update on this one from the team but I don't have one yet. As soon I have an update I'll come back here to to let you know.

Thanks,

Dave

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 30 of 34
See Most Recent

Thanks dave@ebay .  I no longer have a vested interest in this topic as I had to use a different site to purchase my vehicle.  I do hope that an URGENT solution can be found (especially for the thousands of sellers who probably don't know about this HUGE search omission and might be wondering why they're getting so few enquiries) as I'm sure a resolution will benefit eBay's own income AND buyers and sellers alike.    How difficult can it really be ?    Best wishes Dave in seeking a swift result.  👍🏻

Message 31 of 34
See Most Recent

Good to see that e bay has finally reinstated the mileage filters when searching for cars for sale. These have been down since May 2023. An absolute disgrace that it has taken them so long to sort it. No Kudos for e bay. Should never have happened in the 1st place. 

Message 32 of 34
See Most Recent

I was heartened to see E Bay had finally put the mileage filters back in place. Today for the first time I decided to search for a car. Guess What??? They dont work.... Also E Bay is not showing the mileages on the 1st page meaning you need to open every single listing to find out what the miles are. Why?

I did a search for a mercedes car, ticked the box for cars under 50,000 miles and selected the lowest mileage first option. First car that showed up was 48,000 miles.  E Bay you are pathetic...

Message 33 of 34
See Most Recent

Are you still on maternity leave. Just wondering if we need to wait until you gat back before E Bay motors will be fixed...

Message 34 of 34
See Most Recent
Got motors related questions? Start here: