eBay android app not working

eBay Android app has stopped working as of 9 Jan. Older phone running Android 6; Google Play Store and Play Services are up-to-date. Tried clearing the cache and data for both, deleted and reinstalled the eBay app (several times); still getting the same "no longer supported" error message with a prompt to update the app, but when you get to the Play Store, there's no option to update. Any idea? Bueller? Anyone?

Message 1 of 24
See Most Recent
23 REPLIES 23

You're not alone, I'm having exactly the same problem. Just thought I'd throw my hat in the ring, hopefully we'll get a sensible answer to fix it (haha!). 

Message 2 of 24
See Most Recent

Same here on and older Samsung Tab running Andiod 6.0.1.  I just get the message...

We're sorry, this version of the app is no longer supported. Please take a moment to update to the latest version.

Howerer, which I click Update there are no updates.

The app is working on my phone which runs Andiod 8.1..0

Message 3 of 24
See Most Recent

Hi all,

Could you please confirm what version of the app you have installed on your device, what's the device you have and its software version, so I can take a further look for you? Also, if you could share a screenshot of the error, I would highly appreciate it.

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 4 of 24
See Most Recent

Hi Marco, these are the details for my device:

Samsung S5Neo, Model: SM-G903F

Android Version: 6.0.1

Ebay Version: 6.9.6.3

Also attached is a screenshot, as requested, I hope this helps!

Regards.

Mark.

Message 5 of 24
See Most Recent

Here is the error for me...

Screenshot_2024-01-12-11-44-34.png

Ebay app version 6.9.6.3

Tablet info...

Screenshot_2024-01-12-11-49-04.png

Regards,

Les

Message 6 of 24
See Most Recent

Thanks for your reply, carterburke57 &  heavy_metal_hamster.

I've reported this for you, and I will post back here with an update as soon as I have one.

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 7 of 24
See Most Recent

Hi Marco

Thanks for your reply; specs as follows:
Device Huawei P8
OS Android 6.01
Ebay app v 6.9.6.3
'No longer supported message is similar to screenshots above. WHen I click the update link that pulls through to the Play Store, there's no update option, only an 'open' option.

Thanks

Message 8 of 24
See Most Recent

Thanks, there are a lot of users posting the same issue on Google Play Store now, as well.

Message 9 of 24
See Most Recent

Same issue with the eBay app.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Android Version: 6.0.1

eBay Version: 6.9.6.3

Message 10 of 24
See Most Recent

Any news?

I am getting withdrawel simptons from not hearing the "Cha Ching" sound!

Message 11 of 24
See Most Recent

An update on progress would be nice, it's been a week now, still no response on Google Play either...

Message 12 of 24
See Most Recent

Looks like this thread has been archived!! 🤔

Message 13 of 24
See Most Recent

Hi Marco,

Are you able to give any update on this issue please? 

Regards.

Mark.

Message 14 of 24
See Most Recent

Hi all,

No further updates on this as of yet. As advised before, once I have an update on this, I will post back here to let you know.

Thank you,

Marco

eBay
Message 15 of 24
See Most Recent

Hi all,

I just wanted to confirm that this has been reviewed, and the cause of this issue is that the Android version 6 is no longer supported for the app. You'd need to update to a newer version in order to be able to download the eBay app version that is compatible/up to date for it in order to work properly.

Thank you,

Marco

eBay
Message 16 of 24
See Most Recent

I must say ,that is the response I was expecting!

So eBay are saying I have to replace my perfectly good tablet, that works with all the other apps I want to run in order to use their app? 🤔

Les

Message 17 of 24
See Most Recent

Yep, that's the eBay way!!

Not a word or any announcement before (or during) these last 2 weeks from them about any updates not working for Android 6 devices.

What a load of *bleep*.

Message 18 of 24
See Most Recent

I too am having this issue. No network error pops up at bottom of phone (wasnt quick enough to screen shot) and failed to let me bid - sadly lost out on an item 😡 

However i can use buy it now. 

Android, galaxy s23. No idea what version of ebay but up to date and last updated 8/2/24.

Message 19 of 24
See Most Recent

Hiya Marco,

Okay, so even version 6 of Android doesn't work at this point but what version of Android DOES the app need to work now?

Message 20 of 24
See Most Recent
Got Apps related questions? Start here: