The topic of the moment I suppose, has anyone got any idea how to stop pop up ads? Clearly ebay wont

Why won't ebay reply to my posed question about the pop ups that are blighting my searching. Quite simply I am just one of millions making money for this huge corporation so I am dismissed easily, but if everyone had to get together and complain en masse thay might just take some notice, might being the opereative word. I have searched the net for answers and only get the same 2 solutions, either download Firefox, tried  that , or tick the pop up blocker in Tools, done that also. Still the infuriating pop ups prevail. In my opinion the ONLY WAY  is to vote with your feet as they do in football clubs, thats when the chairmen of any buisness institutuions take notice, it hits them in their well lined pockets thats why.

Furious ebay member for over 12 years

Gerry

Message 1 of 10
See Most Recent
9 REPLIES 9

The topic of the moment I suppose, has anyone got any idea how to stop pop up ads? Clearly ebay wont

Have you tried installing Admuncher/Adblocker, Gerry ? See if one or the other of those work for you. Don't know about the latter, but Admuncher give you a month's free trial. Thereafter it's about £20 per annum.

I don't think there are any human staff at ebay. They're all automatons, and unemployed PG Tips chimps.

Mister EMB

Message 2 of 10
See Most Recent

If using Firefox install the addon adblock plus

Please do not feed the Troll
Message 3 of 10
See Most Recent

What pop ups?

Firefox and AdBlock Plus - add-on

no Ads - no unwanted pop-ups or pop-outs -  anywhere on the Web

Message 5 of 10
See Most Recent

Can you describe the pop ups please

It might not be eBay - it might be one of those annoying add-ons like Price Gong or whatever it's called that come secretly bundled with other software downloads and toolbars etc.

Message 6 of 10
See Most Recent

Well it looks like another OP has left the trenches and gone over the top.

FOOTNOTE:

photo TTKPwnedREVAMPY-3.gif

Mister EMB

Message 7 of 10
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

Message 8 of 10
See Most Recent

TeeHee, def' an Ebay promotion. I normally don't get pop'ups but am getting the Ebay one/ really annoying.

Message 9 of 10
See Most Recent

Hello, its happening again.(FEb 2024) = I've posted 'feedback' to Ebay re the flippin Pop Up again.  As u say, Ebay not bothering about what their members think.

Message 10 of 10
See Most Recent