The new fee ' Regulatory operating fee'

So.... some pay an insertion fee, some don't depending on circumstances. (shop or no shop)

Then the Final Value Fee varies depending on what category the item is sold in.

Then there is a fee for handling the transaction which can be 25p or 10p.

Now we have this extra Regulatory Operating Fee which is charged on the whole lot PLUS VAT but that  already includes VAT...so is it right to charge VAT on VAT - probably but seems wrong to me.

All in all a little bit more nibbled away so profit margin is less. Customers are hard enough to get in the first place without me having to put prices up to keep my margins. If eBay doesn't look after sellers they may find them dwindling - other auction sites are available! It's late and I felt I should have a moan before I made my cocoa. x

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

Oh so true your comments - my feeling entirely - we are truly being conned here in this instance - i already worked out it looks like a tax on top of something already taxed - strange and in some sinister way horribly dishonest its like a compound interest on fees 

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Indeed after my current item sells I'm binning eBay for good. I don't normally use eBay but have an account from way back. Didn't sell an item locally so put it up on eBay and had loads of interest eventually selling it for 500 sovs. I hadn't checked the fees before hand so was floored when I got charged 64 sovs for the sale. eBay can do one as their charges are extortionate IMO.

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

Yep,  eBay seller fees are 12.8% plus 30p per transaction.

Not cheap,   but for that price you get a worldwide audience,   and it's still far cheaper than an auction house.

Mine charges just under 30% if you add all the service and VAT charges on top of the winning bid price.

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

Plus the regulatory fee plus VAT  and all the fees are not just charged on the item price it includes delivery cost as well.

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent