Snooker?

Anyone watching?

Looking at some of the British players, they look really scruffy with stubbly heads and bristly chins. They look most untidy, even scruffy. You can imagine that if it wasn't for snookers dress code they'd be turning up wearing scruffy torn jeans or sloppy long shorts coupled with ill-fitting tee shirts, flip-flops or open toed sandals.

In contrast the Chinese players look really smart, clean shaven with tidy haircuts.

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 1 of 17
See Most Recent
16 REPLIES 16

Snooker?

Bet you were a teddy boy CD drainpipe trousers and blue suede shoes 😄 or were you a hells angel, complete with studded leathers and BSA bike? Either way they both have exquisite hairstyles😇
Message 2 of 17
See Most Recent

Snooker?

Neither of those, yuk.

Live long and prosper.

Message 3 of 17
See Most Recent

Snooker?

Mod ? Smiley SadSmiley LOL

Petal
Message 4 of 17
See Most Recent

Snooker?

I totally agree CeeDee..the Chinese? players are immaculately dressed. The lifestyle that goes along with Snooker in this country is not a very healthy one, it seems to me. And 'designer' stubble and beards are an instant turn off. These days, it seems every other bloke, just like sheep, are following the trend and growing beards...and are adding ten years to their appearance in the process.

Message 5 of 17
See Most Recent

Snooker?

Cannot imagine CD on a Lambretta, perhaps he was a punk rocker, 😄
Message 6 of 17
See Most Recent

Snooker?

I just had a thought....I'm wondering how many of the lovely gentlemen on here are sporting a beard?

Message 7 of 17
See Most Recent

Snooker?

Not I !!!
I have the facial equivalent of a Brazilian 🤭
Message 8 of 17
See Most Recent

Snooker?

Me neither ! would not want to look like bloody santa   laughing

Message 9 of 17
See Most Recent

Snooker?

😀😀😀

Message 10 of 17
See Most Recent

Snooker?

I like a nice neat beard on a man myself. Hubby had one for years and only shaves 1 a month now.

He still keeps clean and tiday. Woman Very Happy

Message 11 of 17
See Most Recent

Snooker?

How does he cope with spaghetti bolognese, does he let it dry and brush it out or do you have a dog😁
Message 12 of 17
See Most Recent

Snooker?

Ha-ha, you're a funny lot.

I have never ridden a motorbike in any shape or form. Why? OK, let me tell you a couple of stories.

One day I'd been with my granny to town and were returning on the bus. We were to be dropped off at "The Four Lane Ends" because granny lived in a smallholding a mile down one of the lanes. (It was a dead end lane, three farms and several cottages as well as the Keepers Cottage).

A mile before our stop, the bus was flagged down and a young woman was taken off! When the bus got going again, we passed the scene of a crash at a crossroads. A bloke on a motorbike had hit a car and come off and he was sitting in the hedgebank. The young woman taken off the bus was his daughter and she was taken off the bus so she could be informed of what had happened so that she didn't pass the scene and see what had happened to her father. He was sitting in the hedgebank waiting for an ambulance and blood was streaming from a large "hole" in the top of his head. That was in the days before crash helmets were compulsory. I never found out if he survived but I've never forgotten that.

Then..... my father rode a motorbike too. One foggy November night he was riding home and a cow appeared in the road out of the fog. He swerved to miss it, hit the curb and came off. I'll always remember my mother picking the chippings out of his head with her tweezers. The Black tyre mark on that curb remained there for forty years and every time I passed it I thought of him and that cow!

Did I want a motorbike? Heck no, I wanted a CAR.

Live long and prosper.

Message 13 of 17
See Most Recent

Snooker?

@right-then-petal wrote:

Mod ? Smiley SadSmiley LOL

I was! scream

I had a Lambretta TV175 S2 - Engine covers removed, multiple mirrors and tiger tails on the handlebars - a parka of course with a Union Jack on the back.

Message 14 of 17
See Most Recent

Snooker?

Probably a case of where there is no sence there is no feeling with me, I love motorbikes and had one myself.

My brothere had a serious accident on one though, turning right into a main road a car hit him in the side. He fell off and promptly picked himself up of the floor and stood up, not realising he had multiple fractures of both legs and the bones proceeded to shoot out of the calf flesh of both legs.

Thankfully I never saw the accident but saw the aftermath, what a mess.

It didn't put me off bikes.grinning

Message 15 of 17
See Most Recent

Snooker?

Creaky a mod? And there was I thinking you were the country squire who saddles up to go down to the local inn for a flagon of beer!
Did you also have one of those fibreglass aerials complete with pennant!
Funnily enough I bought my daughter a parka last year and she absolutely loves it, they’re very practical and warm.
I had a Vespa ss180 bored out to 220 which was quite a hairy machine, it was good in a straight line but left sparks flying everywhere from the bulging side panels when cornering, never came off it though more by luck than judgement, it was particularly prone to aqua planing in the wet which was interesting. Anyway fond memories👍
Message 16 of 17
See Most Recent

Snooker?

Anyone watching?

No.

Message 17 of 17
See Most Recent