Phone etiquette - lack of

I phoned a garage about a quotation.  This is a transcript of that conversation:

After about half a minute a young lad answered to a crescendo of loud music and car noises.

"ALLO.  Oo ja wanna to speak to?"  I gave my request.  

"Oo?  OO?   'Old on **bleep**, I'll see if 'e's in."

I chose not to "'old on." and put the phone down.  something else that annoys me is where, when making an inquiry Somebody'll groan over the phone and ask you to: "Bear with me."

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

He was a very businesslike lad then was he not?.. NOT!!!!! LOL

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

Incredibly, some self-appointed "Customer Relations Officer"  presented her Telephone Etiquette Standard programme so efficientlly, she conned the company into paying a kings ransom to get nearly fifteen hundred people "educated" in telephone etiquette, culminating in a written test on how to answer a telephone correctly, giving your name, extention number and department before proceeding with their inquiry, and how to put them through to the correct department if you couldnt, by taking written details of their inquirt.  Fifteen minutes - at the very most, was dragged out over the course a whole morning.  When I pointed this out, my boss shrugged his shoulders and replied: "Freddie, it's not my money, and it's all tax deductable.  Don't worry about it."  I didn't - after all, with forty-odd years in the same company, I did have a slight advantage!Man LOL

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent