I bought a battery for my ebike and it has failed, the seller does not answer me.

Ebay seems not to want to know, what do I do.

Message 1 of 11
See Most Recent
10 REPLIES 10

I bought a battery for my ebike and it has failed, the seller does not answer me.

Smiley Indifferentdo'es it need chargeing up before uesing it

if you tell me the make and size maybe i can find out about it

Petal
Message 2 of 11
See Most Recent

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=charging+e+bike+battery&spell=1

might be some help on the link

Petal
Message 3 of 11
See Most Recent

I'll be surprised if they come back, Petals. These 'one' posters rarely - if ever - do.

I take it you have tried option (1), so move on to option (2).

http://ocsnext.ebay.co.uk/ocs/cusr?query=1480

Edit: Forgot link.

Mister EMB

Message 4 of 11
See Most Recent

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284446486547

Ibought this battery with 2 year gaurentee? after nearly 1 year it has failed

The seller asked for all the info and I thought he would refund,however

once I gave him all the transaction info and order no.he does not reply and has done something to the listing to make it immpossible to return

invoice Details

Item No.DescriptionQtyNet Unit PriceNet AmountPostageDiscountsSubtotalVAT AmountGross Amount
284446486547UK SELL 36V 48V 52V 20Ah Triangle Lithium Ion Li-Ion ebike Battery 250W-1800W1£265.00£265.00£0.00£0.00£265.00£53.00£318.00

Net Amount£265.00
VAT£53.00
Total Amount£318.00

VAT Breakdown

RateTaxable AmountVAT Amount
20.0%£265.00£53.00
Total£265.00£53.00
Message 5 of 11
See Most Recent

@harbledownkent 

he hasn't done anything to the listing, you are just out of time

ebay offer a 30 day money back guarantee to cover items that arrive faulty of develop a fault in the first 30 days,

the money back guarantee is on top of your statutory rights, so if you purchase from a registered business and the item develops a fault after thirty days you have to contact the seller directly, their contact details are shown on all their listings and on their profile page

if you purchased from a private seller and the fault appeared after 30 days, there is nothing you can do about it.

Message 6 of 11
See Most Recent

Only option left to consider is to take seller to small claims court but if seller is registered in another country there is nothing you can do at all.

If you did manage to pursue them through the courts and win it still doesn't mean you will see any refund or exchange or refund.

You could also try the manufacturer if seller is an authorised outlet and you can prove item is genuine.

Message 7 of 11
See Most Recent

Great !So having a 2 year garantee

really means 30 days?Wow thats a new trick

Moral.......... dont buy from Ebay sellers in China-period-😠😠

Message 8 of 11
See Most Recent

Sorry to hear, that a geat number of customers have a lot of unpleasant situations buying online. Once I received a playstation that soesn't work. But the seller removed the ad and turned off the phone. Recently I read the article how to secure your purchases online article . You must always be vigilant.

Message 9 of 11
See Most Recent

Just for info.......................................

I contacted UPP direct and asked if the seller could not reply regarding time withdrawel of the itam Etc?

UPP told me it was a matter between me and the seller and they had NO influences..........

2 Days later I got an Email from the seller as well as a paid return label for the battery,charger Etc!!

After 2 weeks of enquries and back and forth... I came back from holiday to find a Brand New Battery

and charger waiting for me no questins asked!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Funny how that works Ehh?

Learn from this!!

Message 10 of 11
See Most Recent

Just for info..........................

I contacted UPP direct and told them the problem

They informed me there was nothing they could do and to take it up with the seller.

Strangly 24 hrs later the seller now responds and offers a return label!! ( funny how that works?)

I sent it all off and after a 2 week wait received a brand new battery and charger.

I know what to do in future.

Message 11 of 11
See Most Recent